70 Litre first ever aquascape and stocking suggestions…

SamEvans

Hi guys, first post in a long time as CV19 and working in a hospital has kept me very busy. However, I decided to treat myself to a little upgrade on my 34L nano tank. This is my first attempt at actual aquascape and not just throwing stuff in randomly…

Juwel Primo 70 (white to match the room)
Filter Juwel Bioflow Super (upgrade on tank one)
Standard white LED

I started off my using a black vinyl wrap for the back and one side. I then siliconed in the new filter and plumbed some airline hose in behind it. I wanted filter as blended in as possible but sadly don’t have room for an external ilter.

The substrate is made up of a course gravel with root tabs, capped with an inert white sand. I built the aquascape using dragon stone and epoxy putty. The epiphyte plants came from my old setup and the stems were given to me by my LFS in exchange for a ton of juvenile platys.

I exchanged the sponges in my filter for the ones from my old setup to try and help cycle the tank a little quicker. I’m pretty pleased with the outcome for my first aquascape but now I need the wonderful minds to give me some stocking suggestions. I was thinking some Pygmy corys, cardinal tetras and a fair of Apistogrammas…

Does anyone have any suggestions for stock or things I can improve with the aquarium?

Attachments

• 635633BD-9386-4FEB-B11A-9BA83C5CECA6.jpeg
    635633BD-9386-4FEB-B11A-9BA83C5CECA6.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 27

carsonsgjs

Great looking tank!

I had a similar sized tank and had pygmy corys, ember tetras and a single male apisto. All worked really well together.

Tup

I like honeystick (rocket)-pencil fish you could probably have 6-8 in there but they like to be in groups of 4 or more...
1632088360618.png

SamEvans

Oh wow they are lovely looking fish! I’m going to keep my eye out for those!
I like honeystick (rocket)-pencil fish you could probably have 6-8 in there but they like to be in groups of 4 or more...
1632088360618.png
Oh wow they are lovely looking fish! I’m going to keep my eye out for those!

Tup

Yeah, and they only grow to about 2.5 inches or 6.4cm long, so you could have other fish too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
5 Gallon Tank Any suggestions
Replies
Views
MasterPython
Replies
Views
JLAquatics