7 gallon stocking { Chili Rasboras & More }

Lunnietic

I am in the process of putting together a 7 gallon tank. I would like to keep Chili Rasboras a larger school. (I'm hoping to do at least 10)

Is there a way for me to also do a small grouping of 3-4 pigmy cories? (I've had the larger brozen corydoras years ago in a 20 gallon long and loved their behavior. Do pigmies at the same way even?)

ProudPapa

Hello,

Corydoras pygmaeus spend more time foraging higher in the water column than most (maybe all) other Corydoras species, but otherwise their behavior is very similar. I wouldn't put them in a 7 gallon tank.

Lunnietic

Hello,

Corydoras pygmaeus spend more time foraging higher in the water column than most (maybe all) other Corydoras species, but otherwise their behavior is very similar. I wouldn't put them in a 7 gallon tank.
Would 10-15 chili rasboras still be okay? If I wanted them to have tank mates, does that mean I am limited to shrimp?

ProudPapa

Would 10-15 chili rasboras still be okay? If I wanted them to have tank mates, does that mean I am limited to shrimp?

I haven't kept chili rasboras, but I think you'd probably be okay with 8-10. Hopefully someone who has some experience with them can confirm or correct that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cichlidL
  • Question
Replies
Views
Kribensis27
Replies
Views
aquachris
  • Question