7.g Betta tank

1. amber0107 Well Known Member Member

7.5 g Betta tank

So, I moved my male betta from a 5 hex which had limited swimming room to this 7.5 bowfront aquarium I bought. I added a small internal filter with a seeded sponge and gave him some places to explore and some live plants since he was becoming a tail biter. We made a plexiglass lid for it and I've left room at the top for air. I have a nerite snail that used to be with him that I'll add back to the tank if/when I have an algae issues. It's in a bright sunny room, so I don't use a light often, though there is a flourescent desk lamp I can swing over to it when needed.

Love this tank.

Attached Files:

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

That's a great looking tank, I'm sure he will enjoy it.

3. angel_scout Well Known Member Member

That's a really nice tank.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

That is wonderful. I moved mine from a 3 gallong to a 20 gallon with some tetras and such. He seems very happy. I am sure yours will love the space.:cool:

5. amber0107 Well Known Member Member

He used to be in a 10 gallon with my otos but he became territorial. He gets his own space to relax and explore now. He's earned it after being my first fish and being put through a lot.

6. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Oh, Goodness. I hope mine does not become territorial. Right now he hides in the back of the tank.... but then again, he is not long from the cup. I have 4 Bettas now. I know you are all going to gasp, but I have two in a 20 gallon. They don't fight or bother each other. :;sh They totally ignore each other.... I am keeping an eye on them though (my daughter put the second one in there.) I have one in a three, alone. And I have one if a 20 long with plenty of company, but he seems to like it. I am glad your Betta is a happy camper.:;hi2

7. amber0107 Well Known Member Member

Yeah that probably won't go over well. Why don't you just divide it?