7.g Betta tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by amber0107, Mar 20, 2012.

1. amber0107

amber0107Well Known MemberMember

7.5 g Betta tank

So, I moved my male betta from a 5 hex which had limited swimming room to this 7.5 bowfront aquarium I bought. I added a small internal filter with a seeded sponge and gave him some places to explore and some live plants since he was becoming a tail biter. We made a plexiglass lid for it and I've left room at the top for air. I have a nerite snail that used to be with him that I'll add back to the tank if/when I have an algae issues. It's in a bright sunny room, so I don't use a light often, though there is a flourescent desk lamp I can swing over to it when needed.

Love this tank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

That's a great looking tank, I'm sure he will enjoy it.

3. angel_scout

angel_scoutWell Known MemberMember

That's a really nice tank.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

That is wonderful. I moved mine from a 3 gallong to a 20 gallon with some tetras and such. He seems very happy. I am sure yours will love the space.:cool:

5. OP
    OP
    amber0107

He used to be in a 10 gallon with my otos but he became territorial. He gets his own space to relax and explore now. He's earned it after being my first fish and being put through a lot.

6. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

Oh, Goodness. I hope mine does not become territorial. Right now he hides in the back of the tank.... but then again, he is not long from the cup. I have 4 Bettas now. I know you are all going to gasp, but I have two in a 20 gallon. They don't fight or bother each other. :;sh They totally ignore each other.... I am keeping an eye on them though (my daughter put the second one in there.) I have one in a three, alone. And I have one if a 20 long with plenty of company, but he seems to like it. I am glad your Betta is a happy camper.:;hi2

7. OP
    OP
    amber0107

Yeah that probably won't go over well. Why don't you just divide it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice