7 Day Vacation Plan for Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by CoolChazz14, Jul 6, 2015.

1. CoolChazz14

CoolChazz14 Valued Member Member

Hi Everyone! I'm needing a little help on what to do with my Platy and fry while I am going away for 6 days on vacation. I'm really looking forward to it and I got plans for all my pets while I'm away but having trouble what to do with my aquarium fish. I've been wondering If I should do fish blocks (might have to be the option), not feeding them, or some other suggestions. My fry you could say are very big now but I'm just concerned if they can make it through this vacation because no one wants to come home to a terribly bad death tank. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to feed them at this moment because as it is a family vacation. So thanks for any suggestions!

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Hello:)
    I wouldn't add the feeder blocks. I've used them before and they suck. They just leave a mess in your tank and algae everywhere! Not using those again. IMO I would just leave the fish. I've gone on vacation for 2 weeks and the fish were fine (without being fed) I only fed them the day I left on vacation. Fish can go a few weeks without eating

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    CoolChazz14

Ok Thanks I think I will do that because I leave Saturday morning (leaves me a chance to feed the fish) then I come back Next Saturday afternoon. I think the plan sounds good to me. Thanks! : )

4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

No problem :). Have fun on your vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    CoolChazz14

Thanks!

6. EricV

EricV Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah no need to worry about it over the course of a week. Do a water change and feed them before you leave and they should be fine when you get back. As mentioned most fish can easily handle a week or two without food.

7. OP
    OP
    CoolChazz14

Thank you all for your replies

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice