7.5g Planted Cube Tank Ideas Needed

Zach72202

I have a 7.5g Cube tank I built, it is 12"x12"x12" and I just took everything out of it and am looking for ideas on what to do as for planting it.
I have a Fluval Nano light, running at 15 watts and 7500K
Substrate is a Eco Complete about 2" deep
I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to plants really as this is my only planted tank I have ever done, which I had guppy grass and hornwort in there, and the guppy grass basically took over, so I was wondering what I could grow with my light and cool ideas for it.
My current idea is a hairgrass carpet and I have a piece of driftwood that goes in there, but I do want something that grows higher in the back, but I am not sure what that could be yet.
As for stocking I will probably end up doing shrimp like I had before, but suggestions on nano fish would be cool too!
Any suggestions are helpful! Thank you!

Crimson_687

For plants you could do crypts. They’ll stay small enough for a 7.5 but grow relatively high. You could also do temple plant, with trimming as needed.

For nano fish you could do a species-only with sparkling gourami or you could have a school of micro rasboras.

Zach72202

Okay, thank you! I was looking into the Sparkling Gourami, and hopefully I could breed them. Do you think dwarf water lettuce would help with this?

Berryblue

I am following along as I am working on the same type of tank. I am curious what filter you're going with. I am looking for something small that will be unobtrusive for my scape.

GlennO

I am following along as I am working on the same type of tank. I am curious what filter you're going with. I am looking for something small that will be unobtrusive for my scape.

In a tank that size space is at a premium. I'd be looking at a small external filter, HOB or canister.

Berryblue

In a tank that size space is at a premium. I'd be looking at a small external filter, HOB or canister.

Yep, I am definitely thinking of a HOB

Zach72202

Honestly, I used the smallest aquatop sponge filter they make and I cleaned it like twice in the 6 months it was running since I didn't want to fight it out of the guppy Grass lol. What I am probably going to do is a no filter set up with just a heater and a never clog airstone just to break the surface up.

Berryblue

Honestly, I used the smallest aquatop sponge filter they make and I cleaned it like twice in the 6 months it was running since I didn't want to fight it out of the guppy Grass lol. What I am probably going to do is a no filter set up with just a heater and a never clog airstone just to break the surface up.

I see, I think I will still go the HOB route.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zach72202
Replies
Views
altermac
Replies
Views
Berryblue
Replies
Views