7.5 gallon

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Would it be OK to put 2 Dwarf Gouramis in a 7.5 gallon with 2 Panda Corries?

Thansk

Gwenz

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, that'd be pretty cramped, especially if they are both male. They'd need a lot more room. But even a m/f pair is too much for that small of a tank.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh Ok.

Could I just put one male Dwarf Gourami in there then? I asked in another post and they said one was fine in there with 2 corries. ???

Thanks

Gwenz

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
That should be fine!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Great! ;D

How big do they grow? I keep reading different things? ??? Some say they grow to 8cm, some say 6cm and others say 5cm. Which is right?

The ones at my lfs looked about 5cm so they must be nearly fully grown now. I'll probably wait until they get more in and have some smaller ones before I get one.

Gwenz

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much in cm but males get about 3 inches - nose to tail, females a little less.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
3 inches. Thanks. That's about 8cm.

I was asking if I could put 2 in because I read they only got to 5cm. But if they get to 8cm then I'll only get one. I don't want to overstock the tank. :-\

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My Aquarium Fishes of the World book states that males never exceed 6 cm and females 5 cm.  (by Dr. Herbert R. Axelrod, Dr. Warren E. Burgess, Neal Pronek, Glen S. Axelrod, and David E. Boruchowitz)

Hope this helps a little.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose.

I've been on that site before, it has a lot of information on it. Thanks.

My minds gone blanc. : What is the rule for how many fish you can keep in a tank again? ???
Is it 1" of fish per gallon?

If it is that, I'll have 2" for each of my corries, and, well if a Dwarf Gourami is 6cm, then that's just over 2" so taht about 6" of fish, which means I have 1.5" of fish left. Could I put something small in as well, do you think? Or should I just leave it as it is?

Thanks

Gwenz

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
if you could find a small fish that isn't a schooling fish, or maybe a snail, or African dwarf frog? or (if it were me) I would wait and see just how big the gourami gets - what if he turns out to be bigger than the average sized dwarf? I'm trying to err on the side of caution now that I've read so many posts about overstocking...it is SOOO hard to limit myself!! I want ALL the fish I see when I go to the fish store!! let us know what you decide!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe I would be on the safe side and give the fish time to grow so as not to end up with fish bigger than you expect and no room to go with them. Give them a bit more room and you and they will be more content with it. I kind of hate to see the tanks stuffed to the limit with fish to start with and then as fish grow people wonder what to do with the fish they have.

I guess I would not add more at this time. You can always change your mind later. So far it sounds wonderful!!!

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks. I think I'll just leave it then and just have the 3 fish in there.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom