7.5 Gal upsidedown tank Finished !!

1. atmosink Initiate Member

:;thx

Finally finished my prototype 7.5 gal fish-tank with handmade upside-down topper dome, LED air-ration and Fluval 105 (25 us gal) pump filter.

What kind of fish should I go with to complete the beauty of this tank.

Attached Files:

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

3. GMCMaxx Member Member

Awesome tank!

How about a school of neon tetras?

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

a school of neons in a 7 gallon? Isn't that too small? especially a 7 gallon that's mostly tall space?

5. click Well Known Member Member

How about a school of shrimps?

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I don't think the shrimp will be able to utilize the top portion of the tank. So far the dwarf puffer is the best idea I've heard and is what I would suggest.

I don't see the height being a problem for a betta, but rather not having access to the "surface."

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Not being able to get to the surface is a real problem for Bettas. They have to be able to get to the surface for a breath of air every so often.

It would be cool with Shrimp in it. With enough plants and other stuff to climb on the would occupy the whole tank.
    carol

8. atmosink Initiate Member

thank you everyone I'm gonna see what is available around here im in round rock Tx and its hard to see from the photos but the bubble sits on 4 ledges the side are open about 2" on each wall with full access to the surface i know my next project ill do bigger i was not sure how much this would hold but had the ideal stuck in my head. I think this will be my new hobby thow trying to design new style's of tanks hehe.

9. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

the best fish store in texas is supposed to be in austin... i don't know its name though.

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

A danger that your current design faces is the lack of surface area, which is where the CO2 - O2 exchange takes place.

Since there is access to the surface, I think a betta would work well.

11. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Your tank design is very intriguing. Is it possible to see a picture that shows the ledges and openings?

12. atmosink Initiate Member

i keep geting errors on photo upload size and file size are right hmm you can face book me i have pictures on there atmosink@aol.com

13. Steve McKay Member Member

Jaysee is right,what about air exchange.Air will rise to the top and in time will create a poisonous atmosphere.It does look cool though,keep us updated.

14. rae64 Well Known Member Member

15. mikea079 Member Member

atmosink a couple of bamboo shrimps would look real nice with the twisted bamboo thats in there. the tank is very creative i'd say.

16. PetCentralNotObsessed Initiate Member

Cool looking tank! Could you post a pic with something in it to give perspective, your hand or something?

I don't have any experience with smaller tanks, so I can't offer any stocking advice.

17. atmosink Initiate Member

OK im trying to upload photos of it now but some reson i keep geting error messages think anyone could help with this

18. atmosink Initiate Member

276.jpg

and top

275.jpg

Thes Picture are older ill upload some new ones tomarrow i have 1 Pleco 1 little crab 1 albino catfish and 3 other fish i forget what they are called i waited for my tank to start to grow alagie and got the pleco and the crab after a week tank was spotless just added the other 4 fish yesterday and they seem to LOVE the bubble.

Bad photo with camra on phone [​IMG]

and with black light for fun [​IMG]

19. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

awesome. thanks for sharing the photos

20. Nate McFin Well Known Member Member

Unique set up! Nicely done!!!:;toast