65gal planted tank suggestions.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Flyfrod, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

I was sitting looking at my 65gal tank tonight and I think I would like to change it up a bit. I want to keep my angel, rainbow shark, and clown pleco. I'm just not sure what to add to them. I have barbs, rainbowfish, and loaches now, but would like to replace with something else. Any suggestions?

2. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Perhaps 1 x Keyhole, 1 x Firemouth & 3 x Pictus?

3. OP
    OP
    Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

I like the firemouth and pictus. would the pictus be ok with the shark? What about a Flag Cichlid?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

The Pictus will be fine, they can look after themselves with the likes of Green Terrors no problem so a shark won't present any problem for them. I'm not certain about the Flag but I think it would be ok. It was one of the first fish I thought of that might work for you but I went with the Firemouth because I know it would be ok with the shark. (should be ok with the angel to). I think Flags, Keyholes & Festivums would all do ok with both the shark & the Angel. Depending on the temperament of your shark & the layout of the tank MAYBE some of the dwarf cichlids would work ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice