65g stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by monkeypie102, Jan 1, 2013.

1. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

okay so my brother has a 65g that has been running for a while his current stock is
    1 Angelfish
    1 upside down catfish (I swear its really a feather in but all the pics I see online they look alike)
    1 albino BN
    1 Albino Cory (he won't add more even though I tell him)
    5 black skirts (I just gave him my 4 tonight)
    3 silver dollars
    3 red cherry barbs

However is has talked me into giving him my 29g stock (minus my betta Cresendo is mine forever)
    So basically he will add
    6 albino cories
    6 black neons
    6 otos

Would his tank be fine for them? I have had all my fish for 7 months now and his have been kick in for2 years! I am planning to turn either my 26g bowfront into salt or my 29g into salt... the other tank will be used for a QT for the saltwater tank :) my betta will be housed in a 2g until I fully cycle my 5g for him!

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Help? Don't want to sound naggy though...

3. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Anyone?

4. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

What are the dimensions of the tank?

I think it will be fine.

5. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Not 100% but I think its just a normal 65g from what a site says it should be about
    36 7/8 x19 x24 5/8 which actually seems right.

6. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

The only problem I see are the silver dollars, aside from the school sizes of some.

7. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

If you mean the school size of the barbs... I gave him 8 cherry's a few months ago as a gift... he took 1 m and 2f and the others were put in his 40g... I don't know why he did that...

I have been tring to get him to give the silvers away but he won't... even after they ate his prized red lily that is now sitting in my tank fully recovered...

8. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Hahaha that's funny. No explanation huh? :)

9. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Oh I got an explination lol... dumb one but yeah... he said his 2 angels started to fight so he move the marble into the 40g and he said he looked lonely so he moved the group over there except 3... my thought was why not move them all but... yeah he is a 21. Year old freak lol...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice