65 Rect Or 72 Bow Front For Discus/angel Community Tank

1. Onewolf

Onewolf Initiate Member

Trying to decide between the Aqueon 65 (36" x 18" x 25") or the Aqueon 72 Bow Front (48" x 18" x 23") for a planted discus/angel community tank. My wife likes the 65 but I think the 72 bow front would be more aesthetically pleasing in the location where it will be going. I know, happy wife = happy life.

Any technical reasons for going with one over the other? I think two LED light bars would fit on the 65 but only one on the 72 bow front.

PS: If it were just up to me, I would get the Aqueon 90 (48" x 18" x 25"). :)

Thanks for any advice/comments.

2. popsikle

popsikle Initiate Member

I have always went with non bowfront tanks because I like being able to run out and get a replacement cover if I need to without having to DIY. That said, if I was ever allowed to have a nice DT somewhere that is not in my basement office / fish room, Id probably go with a nice bow front or a corner bow or something like that.

3. Books&Fish

Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

The bow front has a larger footprint, so I would choose that one based on that alone.

4. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

I don't like bow fronts. But in your case it's definitely the right choice just for the bigger footprint. Plus the Discus will love the extra room which is really the most important thing.