65 gallon work in progress

1. Chipmason3 Member Member

[​IMG]
    I finally got my plants and got everything setup and been cycling for a while! Started off with 8 rainbows and so far so good!! I'm happy with how it's turned out so far!!

I need to get some foreground plants something that will spread out like a ground cover? Any ideas?

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Dwarf sag, pygmy chain sword, small crypts, and S. repens all make great foreground plants in low tech tanks.

3. Chipmason3 Member Member

Great thanks!!

4. Geoff Well Known Member Member

I love the background!

5. Chipmason3 Member Member

Jungle bob aquatics on eBay!! Great people good to deal with! I called them direct and ordered it!! I got the rocks from my local brick and block place. They have a pick your own piles of a lot of different types of rock. Everyone has been very helpful with me to get my tank setup

6. Necko0524 Member Member

Where did you get that background

7. Jaybally Member Member

Any updates

8. Ronnikins Initiate Member

Great job!

9. dhorse54 Initiate Member

When you went to brick and block place how do you find out if the type you got were fish safe? I've always bought mine from lfs and it would seem cheaper to just go to a place like you did

10. Aqua owl Member Member

Looking nice

11. Chipmason3 Member Member

Sorry haven't been on for a while! I did the vinegar test where I broke off a small piece of stone or just picked up a piece from the pile and put it in a bowl of vinegar and if it starts bubbling in the bowl then it's not good to use in a low ph tank. Also stay away from rocks that have any metallic looking pieces in the rock because it could affect water chemistry as well. Now some types of carbonate rock is ok to use in a cichlid tank from what I've read because they need the higher ph. But the easiest way is to just put some vinegar on the rock or in a bowl and see if it bubbles or not. If it doesn't then it should be ok to use. Marble, limestone, sandstone will alter ph but I've been told that's ok for cichlid tanks.

12. Chipmason3 Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is what it looks like as of today!! I got all the stuff for my Co2 setup but haven't installed it yet!! All my plants are doing well with just the lighting and liquid Co2 and fertilizer!!
    I can't wait to get my 75 gallon cichlid tank setup and going!! I need to reinforce the stand and get stone for the decor and that's all I'm waiting on! Just been busy!!