65 Gallon Stocking Help.

Daniel Kraus

so I just finished setting up my 65 gallon tank and would like to do some more stocking. Currently all I have is a breeding pair of angels. I’m not too sure what I want but I was looking at things such as apistos, earth eaters, yo-yo loaches, and maybe some bigger flashier fish. Any help would be appreciated.

Colleen B

I have yellow lyretail mollies with angels because they add a lot of color

Daniel Kraus

I have yellow lyretail mollies with angels because they add a lot of color
Sounds interesting but I’m not a huge fan of mollies. Granted I’ve only seen balloon mollies.

Colleen B

Sounds interesting but I’m not a huge fan of mollies. Granted I’ve only seen balloon mollies.
Yeah the balloon ones are super weird I'm not a fan haha. This is one of my yellow lyretails.
20181107_183605.jpg

Daniel Kraus

Yeah the balloon ones are super weird I'm not a fan haha. This is one of my yellow lyretails.
20181107_183605.jpg
They do look quite pretty. This might sound morbid but they are lievbearers right? Would mean some free food.

Colleen B

They do look quite pretty. This might sound morbid but they are lievbearers right? Would mean some free food.
Yes! I actually had the same thought lol

Daniel Kraus

Yes! I actually had the same thought lol
Might be interesting. And a good idea to nutrition for the angels even if it seems a bit wrong.

clovervalley

A lot of people recommend Corydoras for tank mates with an angel since they’re ground swimmers. You’ll just have to make sure you get 4 or more of the same kind so they’re happy! They’re mostly pretty small so with your size tank you could get a nice sized group going.

Daniel Kraus

A lot of people recommend Corydoras for tank mates with an angel since they’re ground swimmers. You’ll just have to make sure you get 4 or more of the same kind so they’re happy! They’re mostly pretty small so with your size tank you could get a nice sized group going.
I was thinking of Cory’s but yo-yo loaches seem more appealing. I may be able to get both but I’m unsure of what size groups and what not.

VeiltailKing

I always recommend Rummynose tetras. I have a small school of 9 and they swim very nicely. They add quite a nice bit of red to the tank.

Daniel Kraus

I always recommend Rummynose tetras. I have a small school of 9 and they swim very nicely. They add quite a nice bit of red to the tank.
They could be interesting. I’m sure a big group would look nice in the tank.

Triggerman

so I just finished setting up my 65 gallon tank and would like to do some more stocking. Currently all I have is a breeding pair of angels. I’m not too sure what I want but I was looking at things such as apistos, earth eaters, yo-yo loaches, and maybe some bigger flashier fish. Any help would be appreciated.
Swordtails would work good in there

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom