65 Gallon Stock Build

1. j

jon_nembrios Initiate Member

Good day,

I have 65 gal tank 36inch(L) x 18 inch(D) 24 inch(H).
    I've planted it with Swords, Jungle Vals, and Anubias, and attempting a dwarf grass carpet. I'm also using the Fluval plant & fresh 2.0 for lighting.
    I'm currently starting to stock my aquarium with Giant Danios. And I'm hoping the following stocking list would work for my type of tank;
    x1 Moonlight gourami (I'm also torn with substituting this selection with a golden gourami)
    x8 Giant Danios
    x8 White Skirt Tetras

What are your thoughts on this stock list? Would you change any other the numbers or suggest other fish?

IMG_2461.JPG

2. v

varmint Well Known Member Member

Your stocking for this tank looks good. Personally I would go with the golden gourami. I would even entertain a pair of Pearls. Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    j

jon_nembrios Initiate Member

I think I'll go with the gold gourami instead. They do look very striking and they also grow to be a decent side as well, which would be perfect as a centerpiece fish. That settles that then.
    Still a little conflicted though. I think at this point it would come down to black or white skirt tetras. Both are beautiful. I was leaning more towards the white skirts. Thoughts?

4. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

I personally like the black skirts.