65 Gallon Stock Build

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by jon_nembrios, May 23, 2018.

1. jon_nembriosNew MemberMember

Good day,

I have 65 gal tank 36inch(L) x 18 inch(D) 24 inch(H).
    I've planted it with Swords, Jungle Vals, and Anubias, and attempting a dwarf grass carpet. I'm also using the Fluval plant & fresh 2.0 for lighting.
    I'm currently starting to stock my aquarium with Giant Danios. And I'm hoping the following stocking list would work for my type of tank;
    x1 Moonlight gourami (I'm also torn with substituting this selection with a golden gourami)
    x8 Giant Danios
    x8 White Skirt Tetras

What are your thoughts on this stock list? Would you change any other the numbers or suggest other fish?

IMG_2461.JPG

2. varmintWell Known MemberMember

Your stocking for this tank looks good. Personally I would go with the golden gourami. I would even entertain a pair of Pearls. Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    j

jon_nembriosNew MemberMember

I think I'll go with the gold gourami instead. They do look very striking and they also grow to be a decent side as well, which would be perfect as a centerpiece fish. That settles that then.
    Still a little conflicted though. I think at this point it would come down to black or white skirt tetras. Both are beautiful. I was leaning more towards the white skirts. Thoughts?

4. emmysjj

emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

I personally like the black skirts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice