65 Gallon Planted Tank Light Recommendations

FishGuy89

Hey guys,

Looking for plant light recommendations for a 40 Breeder and/or 65 tall. Up to this point, I have been using cheap Hygger LED lights, and they have been pretty good at growing my plants. Here is a link to what I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XBX54DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

The issue is mostly on the 65: it is so deep that I had to run 3 lights to put any decent light on the bottom.

I think I would rather spend some more money to decrease the amount of strips and get a nice look. Not sure if a single point source light or a strip is best, but want something decently powerful, and preferably something that can be raised above the tank a decent amount. The Hygger lights have nice brackets, but the lights don't sit very high off of the water. A higher positioned light would be nice to allow some emergent growth.

Any ideas/suggestions/hacks? Thanks in advance!

New2fishlovinit

Fluval 3.0 lights are expensive but I can’t run mine higher then 75% in my 55 gallons and run even lower in the 40 gal breeders. They do not come with any height adjustments, but I found multiple sizes on Etsy. I would caution on positioning to high as these have a deliberate wide angle. I have 2-4” risers and I have stoped using all but one of the 4” it just puts the bright light to far put into the room.

lights are just turning on - 1pm start so was good timing to grab a shot. The room is very dark until I open curtains. Can see on the wall the angle of light that is 2” riser.
I like the control and the power ..cost is the issue.

571F1AC7-FC3D-4780-B35E-F21B12B0AF1A.jpeg

FishGuy89

Fluval 3.0 lights are expensive but I can’t run mine higher then 75% in my 55 gallons and run even lower in the 40 gal breeders. They do not come with any height adjustments, but I found multiple sizes on Etsy. I would caution on positioning to high as these have a deliberate wide angle. I have 2-4” risers and I have stoped using all but one of the 4” it just puts the bright light to far put into the room.

lights are just turning on - 1pm start so was good timing to grab a shot. The room is very dark until I open curtains. Can see on the wall the angle of light that is 2” riser.
I like the control and the power ..cost is the issue.

571F1AC7-FC3D-4780-B35E-F21B12B0AF1A.jpeg
Thanks for the information! And that is a good point about the higher lights shining into the room too much.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • BettasAreSuperior
  • Lighting
Replies
Views
KeriMc
Replies
Views
Coradee
  • Question
Replies