60G stocking maxed?

Hemikyle

Hello I'm just wondering if my 60G is fairly stocked, understocked or about to be too stocked if the new fish im thinking about adding might be to much what are your thoughts?

Current Stock
13 Harlequin Rasboras
6 Diamond tetras (adding +4)
2 Kuhli loaches (adding +10)
3 Roseline Sharks
1 Brittlenose Pleco

Want to add
2 Dwarf Cichlids (unsure which one yet)
6+ cardinal tetras

Ghelfaire

I would leave the cardinals out

Upvote 0

Lebeeze

If it were my tank I would say it's fine to add those. What's your filtration like? If you are going to overstock a tank you have to over filtrate

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

Hello I'm just wondering if my 60G is fairly stocked, understocked or about to be too stocked if the new fish im thinking about adding might be to much what are your thoughts?

Current Stock
13 Harlequin Rasboras
6 Diamond tetras (adding +4)
2 Kuhli loaches (adding +10)
3 Roseline Sharks
1 Brittlenose Pleco

Want to add
2 Dwarf Cichlids (unsure which one yet)
6+ cardinal tetras
I agree with Ghelfaire, leave out the cardinals, they there are already 2 schools.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

I agree with Ghelfaire, leave out the cardinals, they there are already 2 schools.
How many schools do you usually have? And what about when I move them into a 125?

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

How many schools do you usually have? And what about when I move them into a 125?
I have a 75 gallon and have 2 schools. I would just not add cardinal tetras.

Upvote 0

Dippiedee

Technically theres 3 schools as the roselines are schooling fish

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

I have a 75 gallon and have 2 schools. I would just not add cardinal tetras.
How many are in each school?

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

If it were my tank I would say it's fine to add those. What's your filtration like? If you are going to overstock a tank you have to over filtrate
I have a 110 aquaclear on my 60G over kill haha

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

and is there a rule where you should only have 2 or 3 schools in one given tank? What happens when you have to many? Just curious?

Upvote 0

Justin2526

and is there a rule where you should only have 2 or 3 schools in one given tank? What happens when you have to many? Just curious?
Not necessarily but if you have more than 1 or 2 school the tank can become cluttered with multiple schools mixing around. I agree with the rest and say continue with your plan but leave the cardinals out. Just 6 of those wouldn't be as cool with 10 diamonds and 13 rasboras...

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

Not necessarily but if you have more than 1 or 2 school the tank can become cluttered with multiple schools mixing around. I agree with the rest and say continue with your plan but leave the cardinals out. Just 6 of those wouldn't be as cool with 10 diamonds and 13 rasboras...
Gotcha. How many of the dwarf cichlids could I get in the tank? Like 2 or 3? Undecided which one I plan on getting, either the cockatoo or the German blue ram.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Gotcha. How many of the dwarf cichlids could I get in the tank? Like 2 or 3? Undecided which one I plan on getting, either the cockatoo or the German blue ram.

German blue rams need warmer temperatures then your current fish. Bolivian rams might be a better option.

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

I agree with JettsPapa, bolivian rams are heavily under rated.

Upvote 0

Justin2526

As two before me have said, german blues may not be the best. Bolivian rams are, in my opinion, even more stunning and would work better in this setup.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

Oh wow I never looked into them! And they do look amazing! Thanks for the quick suggestion! Now how many would one get? I really like the red on there fins it really pops.

Also what about the cockatoo dwarf cichlid?

Upvote 0

Justin2526

Oh wow I never looked into them! And they do look amazing! Thanks for the quick suggestion! Now how many would one get? I really like the red on there fins it really pops.

Also what about the cockatoo dwarf cichlid?
You could go for a pair, or maybe two if that will work bioload wise.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

You could go for a pair, or maybe two if that will work bioload wise.
I have a aqua clear 110 so bio should not be an issue. And just called my LFS and they got a perfect 2 bolivian rams that are on hold for me Going right there then in the QT tank! Can't wait I really think these little guys are going to make the tank pop.

Upvote 0

Justin2526

I have a aqua clear 110 so bio should not be an issue. And just called my LFS and they got a perfect 2 bolivian rams that are on hold for me Going right there then in the QT tank! Can't wait I really think these little guys are going to make the tank pop.
Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
Hemikyle
  • Question
Replies