60 Gallon Stocking Ideas?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Sushi roll, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Sushi roll

Sushi rollNew MemberMember

I recently upgraded to a 243 litre aquarium (around 64 Gallons)
    It's finished it's cycle and looks rather empty at the moment. It currently stocks a pair of Rams along with a few male Endlers, 3 female Mollies, a Flying Fox, 6 Kuhli Loaches and 3 Ottos.

I was thinking of adding a school of Hengeli Rasboras but I was also wanting a solo larger centrepiece fish. I was thinking a single Angelfish, but my tank is short and long meaning it's like 48 inches long but barely 18 inches tall. Would a Leopolds Angel be a good idea?

Or would it be cramped and unhappy? Any Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. kayla.s

kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

I reckon there's space for a single Angel. A large gourami might also be a nice centerpiece :)

3. OP
    OP
    Sushi roll

oooo I hadn't thought about Gourami.
    Any specific breeds of Gourami? I think kissing gourami get quite large but don't they have an aggressive reputation? EDIT: The more I read about angels I start to feel bad about the idea of keeping one alone as it seems many people agree that they are shoaling fish and I don't think a shoal would work in my tank :(

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  4. kayla.s

kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

I have a golden gourami in my 70g. He's about 10cm long, and he shows no aggression to my rams, angels, Cory's, loach or rainbow shark :)

5. OP
    OP
    Sushi roll

I ended up deciding on a Honey Gourami and a school of 22 Ember Tetras. I have a light that brings out reds and oranges so it looks like I have a bunch of fireballs in my tank XD thanks for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice