60 Gallon Stocking Ideas?

1. Sushi roll

Sushi roll New Member Member

I recently upgraded to a 243 litre aquarium (around 64 Gallons)
    It's finished it's cycle and looks rather empty at the moment. It currently stocks a pair of Rams along with a few male Endlers, 3 female Mollies, a Flying Fox, 6 Kuhli Loaches and 3 Ottos.

I was thinking of adding a school of Hengeli Rasboras but I was also wanting a solo larger centrepiece fish. I was thinking a single Angelfish, but my tank is short and long meaning it's like 48 inches long but barely 18 inches tall. Would a Leopolds Angel be a good idea?

Leopold's Angelfish - Microcosm Aquarium Explorer

Or would it be cramped and unhappy? Any Suggestions are welcome!

2. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

I reckon there's space for a single Angel. A large gourami might also be a nice centerpiece :)

3. OP
    OP
    Sushi roll

oooo I hadn't thought about Gourami.
    Any specific breeds of Gourami? I think kissing gourami get quite large but don't they have an aggressive reputation? EDIT: The more I read about angels I start to feel bad about the idea of keeping one alone as it seems many people agree that they are shoaling fish and I don't think a shoal would work in my tank :(

4. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

I have a golden gourami in my 70g. He's about 10cm long, and he shows no aggression to my rams, angels, Cory's, loach or rainbow shark :)

5. OP
    OP
    Sushi roll

I ended up deciding on a Honey Gourami and a school of 22 Ember Tetras. I have a light that brings out reds and oranges so it looks like I have a bunch of fireballs in my tank XD thanks for the advice.