60 Gallon Stock

Alec94

Hey Everybody,

Was hoping I could get some insight on what to add to my current stock in my planted low tech 60 gallon tank. My tank currently has dual aqua flow 70’s on it with a 300 watt heater. My PH runs in the low 7’s and all other water peramiters are good.
I currently have a pleco I forget what kind but it’s about 2 inches long. I also have a rainbow shark that’s just about full grown (5 inches) and about a month ago I added a juevenile blood parrot about the size of a golf ball and EBJD (1.5 inches) both from my LFS. The shark has been slightly aggressive to its new tank mates at times but doesn’t appear to cause harm either of them other than a 4-5 second chase across the tank every once and a while. I am looking to add 1 or maybe 2 fish but I don’t want to overstock it. Some fish I have been contemplating getting are a geophagus tapajos, fire mouth Cichlid, black convict, blue acarra or a green terror. Do you guys think any of these would be a good option to add as I need something with a backbone that may help to limit or spread out the sharks aggression. Thanks for any insight!

Princethepurplebetta

Out of the fish listed id only do a convict. I added a SMALL green terror in with my adult blood parrot tank, and it killed my male. Any large fish that can close they mouth will harm the bp.

Alec94

Okay thanks a lot for your input on this I’m new to the Cichlid world! Do you think the convict will harass the EBJD since it may grow faster? I am also open to other fish particularly any of the SA cichlids as well if you think something else may be a good fit!

Princethepurplebetta

Not 100% sure on the ebjd. You can try angels, those and electric yellows are all ive been able to house peacefully with my adult bps so far.

Islandvic

I would forgo the Green Terror.

The geophagus, firemouth, pearl cichlid or Oscar may be suitable tankmates.

Your EBJD will be able to fend off a cranky Oscar.

Alec94

Awesome ! I’m going to try a geo and convict or a geo and a fire mouth! Little bit of trial and error it loooks like if it doesn’t work I’ll bring them back after a couple days thanks!

Islandvic

Be sure to look up their max adult sizes and double check their temp preferences, so that it matches your tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Alec94
  • Question
60 Gallon Tank 60 gallon stocking
Replies
Views
Dillan Murphy
Replies
Views
Stoneyturtle