60 Gallon Stock Ideas?

Zillipzz

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Experience
5 years
I recently upgraded from a 29 gallon to a 60 gallon, transferring all my fish and plants without a single loss I got some more plants to fill in the space and here in the next couple weeks I plan on getting some more fish. I wanted to post to get some other opinions. I plan on getting some more Cories and some more Neons to fill in my schools, do you think I should do that with the Columbian Tetra as well? I would love to get another big fish like the Yellow Three Spot I have but due to the variety I already have my stocking options are pretty limited. What are some good tank mates? Some kind of Ram/Apisto? Or should I just fill in my schools and call it a day.

60G tank
x1 Yellow Three Spot Gourami
x1 Bristlenose Pleco (Almost never see him)
x1 Nerite Snail
x3 Cory Cats
x7 Columbian Tetra
x13 Neon Tetra
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,174
Reaction score
6,192
Location
Texas
Experience
4 years
Overall the list is good, except.
Corydoras need 6+ for schooling.

That's pretty UNDERstocked for a 66 gallon. You have room for more fish if you'd like.
 

goplecos

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
383
Location
Golden, Colorado
Experience
More than 10 years
I would do:
1 Yellow Three Spot Gourami
1 Bristlenose Pleco (Almost never see him)
6 Nerite Snail
6-10 Cory Cats (depending on what kind)
7 Columbian Tetra
13 Neon Tetra
3 Bolivian Rams or GBRs, 1 male 2 females. I am 99% sure they'll be fine with the GouramI but double check me on that.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Zillipzz

Zillipzz

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Experience
5 years
I like the Bolivian Ram idea and I will up my Cory school, would I be able to fit some more Cories, 2-3 Bolivian Rams AND some more Neons? What about cherry shrimp? I think they would look nice, I've kept ghost shrimp before but I've always wanted cherries, maybe just like 5 or so?
 

JesseMoreira06

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,516
Reaction score
1,878
Experience
More than 10 years
I would suggest

3 Three spot gouramI (1 male/3 females)
2 Bolivian Rams (male/female)
10 Columbian Tetras
13 Neon Tetras
10 Panda Corys or Peppered Corys
1 BN Pleco

or

2 Three Spot GouramI (male/female)
1 Electric Blue Acara
2 Bolivian Rams (male/female)
13 Neon Tetras
8 Columbian Tetras
10 Panda or Peppered Corys
1 BN Pleco

or

1 Three Spot Gourami
1 Rainbow cichlid
1 Electric Blue Acara
13 Neon Tetras
10 Columbian Tetras
10 Panda or Peppered Corys
1 BN Pleco


be warned tho Three spot gouramis and EBA when fully grown have the potential to eat neon tetras , if it fits in its mouth it might be a snack.

Shrimp will also be a snack for them.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
Zillipzz

Zillipzz

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Experience
5 years
The tank is 48" x 12" x 20" (LxWxH), and the cories are albinos, I'm pretty sure they are pygmies because they have stayed pretty small over the past year. I got a Bolivian Ram today and my three spot gouramI chases him and nips at him extremely aggressively, I'm done with the gourami, I'm taking her to the pet store in an hour and a half unless someone on my facebook fish group wants her. Do you guys have any suggestions as a placeholder for the gourami? Something that gets 4"-6" like the gourami? If not I'm just going to up my school of Columbian tetra to 10-12 and wait a while for another centerpiece fish.
 

JesseMoreira06

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,516
Reaction score
1,878
Experience
More than 10 years
Zillipzz said:
The tank is 48" x 12" x 20" (LxWxH), and the cories are albinos, I'm pretty sure they are pygmies because they have stayed pretty small over the past year. I got a Bolivian Ram today and my three spot gouramI chases him and nips at him extremely aggressively, I'm done with the gourami, I'm taking her to the pet store in an hour and a half unless someone on my facebook fish group wants her. Do you guys have any suggestions as a placeholder for the gourami? Something that gets 4"-6" like the gourami? If not I'm just going to up my school of Columbian tetra to 10-12 and wait a while for another centerpiece fish.
Pearl Gouramis which are much more peaceful then three spots and get the same size. A Electric Blue Acara would also be nice reaches around 5", Rainbow cichlids are another option as well getting around 4" , these are all fairly peaceful fish , but remember each fish has their own personality.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10
OP
Zillipzz

Zillipzz

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Experience
5 years
JesseMoreira06 said:
Pearl Gouramis which are much more peaceful then three spots and get the same size. A Electric Blue Acara would also be nice reaches around 5", Rainbow cichlids are another option as well getting around 4" , these are all fairly peaceful fish , but remember each fish has their own personality.
I think Pearl GouramI are cool, I actually wanted one before I got my Three spot but my local petco didn't stock Pearls until AFTER I got my Three spot. I understand fish are all individuals and can be different, however what do you think the chance are that I get a Pearl that has a temper? Are those chances pretty low? I'm pretty satisfied with my tank now, I just need to add to my Cories.

BTW I wish I didn't have to go to petco...there isn't a real fish store for probably 50 miles from me
 

Kenny777

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
1,184
Location
Arizona, Usa
Experience
1 year
Zillipzz said:
I think Pearl GouramI are cool, I actually wanted one before I got my Three spot but my local petco didn't stock Pearls until AFTER I got my Three spot. I understand fish are all individuals and can be different, however what do you think the chance are that I get a Pearl that has a temper? Are those chances pretty low? I'm pretty satisfied with my tank now, I just need to add to my Cories.
The same chances you have of getting a docile male betta it's a 50/50 IMO
 

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,583
Reaction score
6,077
Location
England
Experience
5 to 10 years
Zillipzz said:
I think Pearl GouramI are cool, I actually wanted one before I got my Three spot but my local petco didn't stock Pearls until AFTER I got my Three spot. I understand fish are all individuals and can be different, however what do you think the chance are that I get a Pearl that has a temper? Are those chances pretty low? I'm pretty satisfied with my tank now, I just need to add to my Cories.

BTW I wish I didn't have to go to petco...there isn't a real fish store for probably 50 miles from me
Pearl gouramis would need warmer water than your neons and BN pleco, but yeah they are a very peaceful type of gourami
 

JesseMoreira06

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,516
Reaction score
1,878
Experience
More than 10 years
BottomDweller said:
Pearl gouramis would need warmer water than your neons and BN pleco, but yeah they are a very peaceful type of gourami
see I do agree with you , that they require warmer temps , but every time I say that I get called out from other members that "ohh no their fine in the low 70s"...
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
219
Guests online
3,271
Total visitors
3,490

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom