60 Gallon Planted Invert Tank!

RickyRicardo1838

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello everyone! I recently moved out some turtles out of a 60 gallon tank so I'm planning on converting it to a planted tank. I've been thinking about making it a red cherry shrimp tank, but I thought it would make the tank more interesting if I were to add more critters in there. I was thinking of adding bamboo shrimp, amanos maybe some different types of snails etc. Anyone have some cool stocking ideas for an "invert tank"
Any help appreciated! Thank you

EDIT: I'm also open to fish if they won't predate on any of the inverts, granted I know most fish would eat the shrimplets.

Last edited:

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Vampire shrimp. I hear their peaceful and get to a good size so they would be interesting. Maybe a couple types of nerites. they don't reproduce in FW so they won't overrun your tank. and help keep it nice and clean.

RickyRicardo1838

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Vampire shrimp. I hear their peaceful and get to a good size so they would be interesting. Maybe a couple types of nerites. they don't reproduce in FW so they won't overrun your tank. and help keep it nice and clean.
Great idea! A giant vampire shrimp would look awesome next to all the tiny shrimp!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Great idea! A giant vampire shrimp would look awesome next to all the tiny shrimp!
I’ve never owned them but I hear they are gentle giants . But your idea of an invert tank sounds really amazing just be sure it’s pretty well established to be able to feed everyone best of luck and keep us updated

RickyRicardo1838

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, thank you I'm very excited, I find inverts to be so fascinating to look at.

RyanC14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
For inverts (other than the posts above) maybe rabbit snails, dwarf crayfish and thai micro crabs. For a fish maybe do a single betta or a school of mosquito rasboras.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you're open to paludarium setups, could also consider vampire crabs.... they'll do well in a setup like this.

Ghost shrimp is another good option.

RickyRicardo1838

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bit late but harlequin rasbora, neon tetras or ember tetras are beautiful and shouldn't bother your shrimp.
Thank you for the suggestions I'm actually still looking for fish for this tank I currently have red cherries, amanos, and otocinclus, and a stone catfish which I need to get more of but they're so rare.

JessicaSwanlake

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
These are pretty hard fish to find, I think, but sundadanio axelrodi would be so cool in a tank like this. They are very tiny and peaceful and will even leave shrimplets alone.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom