60 gallon Marineland tank+stand for $50 at Petsmart.com (deal expiring SOON)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by f2002, Jul 31, 2015.

1. f2002

f2002 Valued Member Member

The regular price is $199, but if you choose "pick up from store" it takes off $150 off the price.  .

The deal is listed as "valid thru 7/30" so if you're interested you got to act fast.

I already bought it and it went through.

I'm new to the hobby so I don't know if this is a great deal or not. It seems like a good deal to me... I mean it is less than $1 per gallon and it comes with a stand! But when something is too good to be true I always get a little worried. Does anyone have experience with this tank?

Also, I have a japanese compact car! Is it possible for me to pick this up from Petsmart or do I have to find a friend with a van/truck to pick this up?

Finally, I don't really have room for this at the moment. I may need another month or two before I can use this tank. Can I leave it at Petsmart indefinitely or will they force me to pick it up within a certain amount of time?

Edited to add: Quantity definitely limited. I looked at the same page again and clicked on "check availability" and it seems like the store where I am picking my tank from is "out of stock" so apparently I bought the only one they have available. Maybe Marinelane is coming up with a new model and they are trying to get rid of floor models?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Can you fold your rear seats? You may need to haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

It's a great tank. I have the same tank

4. Dom90

I was going to buy that ensemble because it was on sale for $250 but then I didn't because I would've wanted a 75g later down the road. 48x18 footprint beats a 48x13 any day....

5. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

Guys! This set is $49.99 at my local PetSmart too! I am so close to buying it! I don't know what to do. I don't want to set up another tank yet, but for 50 bucks??

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

@Geoff , is it still going on today? When I added it to my cart, the price was still $199.99

7. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

mine is still at 199.99 online. how do i know if it is cheaper!!! i want it!!!! oh no, another tank syndrome happening again

8. Geoff

It's back to $199.99. When I looked at 630 this morning, it was still $49.99. When I checked 2 hours later at work, it reverted back to $199.99. Probably best, since I really don't need to set up another tank. But 50 bucks?! What a steal.

9. Dom90

Lol the MTS bug... You got those 5 other tanks in your garage don't you?

10. PuffPuff

Dang!!! i missed it, but like you said Geoff probably for the best. i already have 3 tanks. and my floor will not handle a 60g tank. darn!!!! but that is such a beast deal!!!

11. Geoff

I have a 29g in the garage and 2 10s and a 4 in the basement. I definitely don't need another, but again...50 bucks!!!???

12. PuffPuff

exactly a deal like that is worth making room for.

13. Geoff

$199.99 is still good compared to the original price. But not that good haha.

14. PuffPuff

exactly i could have brought me fish with the difference or some live rock. oh well. ill have to keep an eye out for deals like that. darn i cant believe i missed it. lol its really getting to me that i missed it.

15. Gena

Gena Well Known Member Member

Dude you can't keep live rock in a lightly brackish tank. It will die in such low salinities.

16. PuffPuff

Gena, i wasnt going to make it a brackish tank but a salt water tank due to the live rock. i was just expressing how i missed out on the whole package of the tank n stand at an amazing price.

17. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. I don't need another tank, but $50!

18. OP
    OP
    f2002

f2002 Valued Member Member

Hi guys, update time!

So it was not a fluke or computer error. The sale DID go through. Unfortunately I only have 5 days to pick up this monster, or else Petsmart will cancel the sale.

I don't think I can fold my rear seats, but I heard some people put the passenger seat down. Maybe that will work. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!

Great to hear Brandon! If you have any suggestions with regards to the hoods and lights (i.e. did you keep the stock ones or change them) I would love to hear about your experience.

Yeah that 13 inch footprint might end up bugging me eventually...

Unfortunately I think the sale is done. But now that I know you guys are interested, I'll ping the forum again if I see this deal again.

19. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I just came back from petsmart and it said the sale is until Aug 2 so you guys still have time!

20. JoyToTheFishes

JoyToTheFishes Valued Member Member

Ouch, $319 in Canada.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice