Experience
Just started
Ok so I have had my 60 Gallon running for a bit over a month now,
I had..
1x opaline gourami (around 2.5/3 inch)
1x Yoyo loach
7x rummy nose tetras
2x very small bristlenose cats
And a peacock eel that not gonna lie was an impulse buy..
I put those fish in around 2 weeks ago everything was fine,
As I was having trouble looking for the fish I wanted in my area (literally nowhere had any more rummy nose tetras!) I decided to order online which I can't recommend enough the fish come alot healthier than they are in most fish stores around here, anyway I bought 18 more rummys and 6 panda corydoras and thought that would fill the tank plenty which for the first 8 hours looked incredible by this point I had seen the opaline gourami staring at the Cory's and I could tell he wasn't happy and started to show little signs of aggression just chasing them I was hoping he would settle in with them but I woke up to not 1 but 2 dead Cory's with there tail fin bitten off on both I also had about 4 unexplained rummy deaths and even the smaller pleco (he was skinny so don't know 100% if it was the gourami) anyway I have moved the gourami to another aquarium and now my tank feels like it's missing that centre piece, I'm open to you thoughts but I'm really after a top dweller as the rummy nose seem to school pretty low in the tank and it feels like the top half of the tank is useless I was thinking of half beaks but I've never owned them and don't know a whole lot about them also thought about a male betta... Help?

AJSFishKeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How about German Blue Rams? They’re peaceful fush and can go with tetras. I wouldn’t put a betta in a 60 gallons though just because of the strong water flow (assuming you have a strong filter for it) he’ll have a hard time swimming and would most likely stay on the top dark corners of your tanks.

Lance3237

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AJSFishKeeper said:
How about German Blue Rams? They’re peaceful fush and can go with tetras. I wouldn’t put a betta in a 60 gallons though just because of the strong water flow (assuming you have a strong filter for it) he’ll have a hard time swimming and would most likely stay on the top dark corners of your tanks.
I have thought about the German blue ram but as I am in Australia they seem to only sell blues yellows and bolivians here not too sure why

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How about a trio of Pearl Gourami, they typically aren’t as aggressive as Three Spots and are absolutely stunning.

Lance3237

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jinjerJOSH22 said:
How about a trio of Pearl Gourami, they typically aren’t as aggressive as Three Spots and are absolutely stunning.
I really do like the look of the pearl gouramis but heard they can still be aggressive, do they do better with more of there own?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lance3237 said:
I really do like the look of the pearl gouramis but heard they can still be aggressive, do they do better with more of there own?
They can be but Pearls will rarely cause issues for other fish. Most Gourami are quite social and keeping them in numbers is almost always better :D

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lance3237 said:
I have a male and two females in my 40 gallon tank, and I've never seen them pay any attention to the other fish.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads