60 gal stocking ideas?

pufferpresence20

Hey y'all, I'm setting up a 60 gallon long brackish tank with at least two figure eight puffers, but I'm at a loss as to what else to put in. Any ideas?

Pfrozen

Saw someone do that setup with guppies. Worked out well, they reproduced faster than the puffers could eat them and provided the occasional snack and dither fish. I believe they only had one puffer though, not two

Upvote 0

wishuponafish

My 2 figure 8s did well with giant sailfin mollies, golden wonder killies, and bumblebee gobies. You could also do celebes rainbows or orange chromides, or even smallscale archers but remember that just because a puffer (and fish in general) works in a community for someone doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you and vice versa.

Upvote 0

Myyyman

You could go a school of silver moonfish if you're not 100% set on the puffers.

Upvote 0

pufferpresence20

My 2 figure 8s did well with giant sailfin mollies, golden wonder killies, and bumblebee gobies. You could also do celebes rainbows or orange chromides, or even smallscale archers but remember that just because a puffer (and fish in general) works in a community for someone doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you and vice versa.
I've looked at bumblebee gobies, but I wasn't sure if the size difference was too much. I also worried that chromides would get too big to keep with the puffers if I could even find any. I already have one of the puffers, he's just getting moved, so I have to plan around him.

Upvote 0

pufferpresence20

Hi, I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but I just figured I'd update. I ended up going with mollies and a knight goby. There are 12 mollies, 1 knight goby, and 2 f8 puffers and they all get along great :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
pufferpresence20
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies
Views