60 G Planted Pirate Tank (cycling) With Pics

Bagel

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So excited! We are at the end of week 3 in our cycle. I'm happy to report ammonia is holding steady at .25 ppm (down from almost 1 ppm due to an accidental overdose), nitrAtes are up to 10 ppm and now we are waiting for the pesky nitrItes to go down. They are hovering just under 5 ppm. I can't wait. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it balances out by the end of next week. I'm itching to see some loaches play around in there!

Attachments

Bagel

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Iverg1 said:
I love your theme!
Thank you. We bought the small caves when we had our black moor (not knowing the problems they would cause) and had to take them out almost immediately. That was almost 5 years ago! I was so excited to get them out of storage.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Loving the style! I like live plants myself, but tanks with decor like this still hold a special place in the hobby.

Got any plans for stocking? You mention loaches, do you know what kind yet?

Bagel

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lorekeeper said:
Loving the style! I like live plants myself, but tanks with decor like this still hold a special place in the hobby.

Got any plans for stocking? You mention loaches, do you know what kind yet?
The plants are live! there are two anubias nana, two amazon sword, micro grass in front and a java fern behind the ship.

We are getting an albino bristlenose, a school of barbs, danios, tetras and possibly a few mollies. Everyone is so excited to see more than two fish in there.

LaniKai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The tank is looking really good! I really like the background too. Can't wait to see it with fish in there lol.

Bagel

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LaniKai said:
The tank is looking really good! I really like the background too. Can't wait to see it with fish in there lol.
Thanks. I'll be sure to make a new thread when we do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom