60 Cube 7 Week Update And Sps Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest Sacco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So the tank is nearly 2 months old and for the most part everything is running great....all of the fish are doing well and the short outbreak of ich on the one hawkfish....sadly during treatment in a hospital tank the hawkfish died....I waited two weeks before doing or adding anything more...after this point I made new new livestock picks including a ruby red scooter blenny and a flame hawkfish( who i should have bought initially instead of the other arc eye)

I was originally going to get a mandarine but the ruby was so brilliantly colored and I feel it as such a splash of red and yellow to the tank....this hawkfish is so much better than the arc eye as it doesnt perch directly in corals and it's always shifting around from perch to perch...

The rest of the fish are doing fine and there has been no external signs of ich though it is probably still in my system...

The marine betta has been much more outgoing and likes to come out for a bit whenever I first sit near the tank....I've been trying to get him on frozen which has been a process....initially he ate a small frozen krill I put in but the past 4 days hes just looked at them without trying....and with the hawkfish and the two brittle stars in there the whole krill arent on the bottom for long... as of now he only likes to accept live ghost shrimp which is truly fun to watch
My corals are mostly doing great with my plating montis starting to grow out
My encrusting monti which was nearly completely bleached in my 30 gallon has come back fully and is starting to grow onto the top rock work

Ernest Sacco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My green birdsnest has colored up and has a bit of growth
Some of my lps have also shown signs of growth with my tiny war coral growing a new head and begining to encrust over its plug
Some new corals are this grade a scoly I recently bought ....I may have spent a little too much but its colored up and is expressing orange, blue, and green

I also got this frag for a discount
Any identification would be appreciated as I cant tell what it is

I am currently waiting on an order of new sps as I feel my tank has been adequelty able to support then as of now....I've ordered some pavona, montipora digita, and lepto frags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom