6" terra pot okay for khuli loaches

Nourhanateout22

Hello all! Im setting up and aquarium for my laoches. I have 6" terra cotta pots (unglazed, unpainted, plugged with filter spong) that I want to lay on its side so it looks like a cave. My concern is the loaches burying themselves under the sand casing the pot to sink into sand. Have any of you guys put hefty hardscape in your khuli loach tanks? Any problems? Thank you :)

cardcrimson

I am by no means an expert on khuli loaches. Several years ago, I put a few in a tank that has a several very large and heavy rocks and a gravel substrate. After a few years of neglect, I've recently reinvigorated the tank, and at least one very large khuli loach is still hanging around, possibly more. . . .

Mudminnow

I've kept kuhli loaches with various hardscape materials. Kuhli loaches dig plenty, but I've never seen it cause a problem with my hardscape.

Nourhanateout22

I've kept kuhli loaches with various hardscape materials. Kuhli loaches dig plenty, but I've never seen it cause a problem with my hardscape.
Okay good to know. I was just concerned that the pot would sink as they dig, evenly having the pot going on top of them

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Rastasarahel
  • Loaches
Replies
Views
Rastasarahel
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
coralbandit