20 Gallon Tank 6 In. Pleco Too Big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole W

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 6 in. Pleco and a 3-4 in. Redtaik shark. When will they be too big for my 20 gallon?

Thanks,
Anthony
Way too big, sorry anthony the pleco is way too big no matter and the red tail is big as well and his aggression is higher in smaller tanks i have 38 with one fir awhile and he was too aggressive in it red tails should be in a 40b at minimum and a 6 inch pleco the same probably bigger because of their waste

OP
A

Anto27

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Way too big, sorry anthony the pleco is way too big no matter and the red tail is big as well and his aggression is higher in smaller tanks i have 38 with one fir awhile and he was too aggressive in it red tails should be in a 40b at minimum and a 6 inch pleco the same probably bigger because of their waste
Ok thats what I thought bc the pleco poops like a machine.

OP
A

Anto27

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks! Any good stocking tips for me? I am not a huge fan of small fish. Would German Ram be good? I think they are super pretty

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks! Any good stocking tips for me? I am not a huge fan of small fish. Would German Ram be good? I think they are super pretty
Well... I am not a stocking expert but I am also working at stocking a tank that size. I think a German ram would work fine. Look into scarlet badis, peacock gudgeons, and pea puffers if you are looking for a bit of a challenge

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you go with a Blue Ram you need to keep them at temperatures ranging from 80-86, 84 being optimal. So make sure the tank mates can tolerate that. Your profile says you don’t know the nitrogen cycle, so I’d master that before trying Rams.

OP
A

Anto27

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you go with a Blue Ram you need to keep them at temperatures ranging from 80-86, 84 being optimal. So make sure the tank mates can tolerate that. Your profile says you don’t know the nitrogen cycle, so I’d master that before trying Rams.
Ik the cycle just didn't put that in my prof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.3%

Top Bottom