6 gallon betta jungle

nanoist

AD741D40-27B8-4211-B6CA-C8EF1E6ED5FD.jpeg
Hi everyone, just wanted to share my first ever live planted tank for my female koi, Perla and her nerite snail friend, Concha (who’s making a subtle cameo at the bottom right underneath an anubias leaf).

the anubias, water sprite, salvinia, RRFs, and Java ferns have all been doing great. I didn’t have great lucky with pearl weed. So I replaced with some rosette swords. Hoping they take. I also just added some dwarf Sagittaria in the front middle, really hoping they take. Didn’t have the best luck with dwarf hairgrass. It would be great if a rooted plant besides water sprite could actually take off for me. Pea gravel supplemented with root tabs just doesn’t seem to be enough. But I’m learning. I’ve got some diatoms growing here and there but it’s not an overbearing issue and provides a food source for the nerite.

Overall, the experience of experimenting with different plants and the act of aquascaping in general is pretty fun. Already thinking about how I’d go about a scape for a 20GAL long ….hmmm

Chewbacca773

AD741D40-27B8-4211-B6CA-C8EF1E6ED5FD.jpeg
Hi everyone, just wanted to share my first ever live planted tank for my female koi, Perla and her nerite snail friend, Concha (who’s making a subtle cameo at the bottom right underneath an anubias leaf).

the anubias, water sprite, salvinia, RRFs, and Java ferns have all been doing great. I didn’t have great lucky with pearl weed. So I replaced with some rosette swords. Hoping they take. I also just added some dwarf Sagittaria in the front middle, really hoping they take. Didn’t have the best luck with dwarf hairgrass. It would be great if a rooted plant besides water sprite could actually take off for me. Pea gravel supplemented with root tabs just doesn’t seem to be enough. But I’m learning. I’ve got some diatoms growing here and there but it’s not an overbearing issue and provides a food source for the nerite.

Overall, the experience of experimenting with different plants and the act of aquascaping in general is pretty fun. Already thinking about how I’d go about a scape for a 20GAL long ….hmmm
Looks really nice? I bet your betta is happy in there!

faywayway

Aww she kind of looks like my boy. Love the red accents that match w her coloration!

nanoist

Aww she kind of looks like my boy. Love the red accents that match w her coloration!
Thank you! When I first got her she was very pink but she’s definitely gotten red over time.
Looks really nice? I bet your betta is happy in there!
Thank you! She’s lovin it! It’s really cool to see her swim between all the foliage.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nanoist
Replies
Views
nanoist
10 Gallon Tank 10g journal
Replies
Views
The29G
Replies