6 foot aquarium stocking.

1. Boopy Mitch

Boopy Mitch New Member Member

Hi
    i am wanting to purchase a 6 foot tank (650 litres I think?)(6x2x2) but I just want to know what I can place in it. I will not be getting fish for 3-6 months as I have to get tank, cycle and all other accessions, but I do have some ideas for stocking. I am interested in the following:
    bottom dwellers
    - clown loaches (already have 2 in smaller tank but want 4 in total)
    - pictus catfish (maybe 4)
    - Bristle nose pleco (just 1)
    - rainbow shark (1)
    upper section.
    - rainbows red and boesnamani (10 or something?)
    - dwarf gourami (maybe only a few 3?)
    - anything else (I not sure what would suit?)
    i will not be getting all the above fish because it probably will be over stocked but just want some opionions about what are best to keep together.
    thankyou for any feedback. :)

2. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

Yeah, you could do 4 clowns! Thatd be great, they love buddies.

So onto every fishlovers least favorite part eliminating poor tankmates.
    if it was me, gourami would be off this list first. They usually do best in slow moving water and clown loaches like an extra power gead at times, so sketchy on the water movement combo.

most the others could work, but not always with each other, seems like pictus would really annoy a shark.

if youre looking for other ideas, loaches actually do really well with barb schools, in fact you can find young clown loaches in some tanks joining their schools!

3. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

I would do at least 6 of each of the clowns and the pictus. I would actually do 8 to 10 pictus in that size tank. 6x2x2 is a standard 180 US gallon tank.

4. OP
    OP
    Boopy Mitch

Slayer5590 and Plecomaker.
    i have other ideas but not sure of.
    Maybe a couple of upside catfish? And maybe a school of cories?
    Not sure if they will suit but I do like them :) also I assume the bristle nose pleco is good.
    Thanks so much :)

5. OP
    OP
    Boopy Mitch

Also Slayer5590 and Plecomaker would a couple of rainbow sharks be better (I seen a 5 for $ at my fish shop) and just wondering if that is better.
    Thanks

6. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

Upsidedown cats need to be in groups as well. 5 rainbow sharks together may or may not work out.

7. Plecomaker

agree that more then 1 rainbow shark only occasionally works, isee no issue with the pleco if the bn plec is an adult especially

8. OP
    OP
    Boopy Mitch

Thank you guys, for all of your advice :) Slayer5590 and Plecomaker.

9. Plecomaker

No prob, thatwhy were here ;)