5gallon shut off

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ethan, Jan 11, 2013.

1. EthanWell Known MemberMember

Alright well had to move the 5 gallon with only my betta out of the living room in to my bedroom it's filter is CRAZY loud so i am debating turning it off at night and turning it back on when i wake up because there is no way i can sleep with that noise.. the only other option is putting him in my 29 gallon with my 2 angels 11 neons 4 rummies 3 panda and 2 Bn pleco's and i doubt that combo is any good

2. JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

Don't put him in the 29 gallon.

You might just run to walmart and spend $10 to get a cheapo Aquatech. They're super quiet.

3. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

As I'm one of those people who likes to put bettas in community tanks, I don't see any problem with putting him in the 29G. However, I would keep an eye on how everything goes.

It sounds like you need a new filter. There are ways of quieting down filters, but it's usually the impellers that causes noises. Things getting inside it such as MTS snails also mess up things. Check the impellers. I've seen threads where there were nicks on impellers and that was what was causing noise.

4. EthanWell Known MemberMember

well i have a 5gallon filter but that was working fine for a couple months i retired it for 2 months and when i plugged it in it never turned on idk why

5. EthanWell Known MemberMember

could i put my juvie female in the 29gallon and transfer the male to my better 5g?

6. JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

The reason I said don't is really because angels tend to be flowy fin nippers. I wouldn't put a betta and an angel in the same tank, it's just not worth the risk. I was reading a forum where one guy did this and his betta was dead the next morning.

7. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

If it's a short finned plakat, it'd fare better. A juvie female, if it's too small, would be viewed as a prey item and chased after. But females usually have short fins, so I think she would fare better.

8. EthanWell Known MemberMember

she is much bigger than some of the females i saw at petco today lol

9. JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

Well chancing it is up to you. It could work out great, or could be a disaster. Sometimes you never know with fish! Lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice