5g tank/ what to name my Betta

leafgirl115

Reaction score
My betta is going to be getting his new 5 gallon tank next weekend They will be finally in store and on sale. I when today to get 5 Medium Amazon Swords for $5 I thought that was a good deal.

The only reason why I even when to the store was because my mom felt sorry for me kus me little platy just died this morning. She had been acting strange for a week before but I just thought it was the meds in the tank and all the was upsetting her (its for fin rot). This morning I can’t find her so I looked under the little cave and there she was diedL I think maybe it was an intestinal disease as her stomake was blotted a little and discolored.

Well as I was at the store I got the plants and my betta frozen bloodworms that he is eatingJ. I had a look at the tank I was hoping to buy. It’s Waterhome desktop bowfront aquarium. Its 5 gallon and comes with the filter. Its was going to be on sale for 39.88 the next weekend so I decided to wait but had a look at it any way. They where selling it for 99.99!!!!!!!!!! Is that not too much for a 5 gallon tank? That’s over how much I played for my 20g!  The Sale is only on for 2 days so I’m going the first day.  What elce can I put in with my betta in the 5g?

This is my betta I just got a good picture of himJ I’m not shur what to name him any ideas?

10.jpg

divakeeks

Reaction score
Re: 5 gallon tank/ what to name me Betta

What a pretty guy!!

Name suggestions:
Hulk
Dander
Folly
Zappa
Morty

I know, they are weird. Just names that popped into my head when I saw him.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

He is gorgeous.  I love his veiltail!  He kind of looks like a Ricky to me.  I am having a hard time coming up with names too so maybe you can help me with mine later next week.  But I like Hulk too.

And yes that is way too much for a 5 gallon tank. Most of the regular priced ones I have even seen online are at the most $49.95. I got my tanks at Walmart for $29.95 but they are Hex tanks and a lot of people don't like them.

Rose

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score

For some reason the name Royal comes to mind, probably his colors. Sorry to hear about your platy. I've never had any luck with them either; I'm fond of the way they look and swim but I just can't seem to keep the little critters alive, and I'm reluctant to try again.

OP
leafgirl115

leafgirl115

Reaction score
Thanks Poefox

I live in canada so american prices are a lot more near me.

I'm still trying to think about other names for my betta. I like Royal but I'm not shur yet

OP
leafgirl115

leafgirl115

Reaction score
I can't name him Turk (Turquoise) because that was my other bettas name He passed away 2 years ago....

SunnShadow

Reaction score
Hmmmm.........Dagon? Kronos? Poseidon? Neptune?
A very beautiful fish, by the way! Love those colors ;D

S.

New Threads