5G planted guppys!

Fellowmellow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here is my 5.5gallon from topfin. I really enjoy this tank for what it is. The plants I've got are an anubias, anachris,java moss,betta buddy moss ball, poorly looking s. Repen, also a newly added poorly looking Argentina sword that's actually coming back :) for the fish and (ramshorns) there is 1 fry 1 female 2 males(guppys). The biggest male is my breeder gold tuxedo delta. Really like his long dorsal! The other male and even the fry is from the gold tuxedo offspring from a blue cobra female in another 10gallon currently with more offspring. Oh! Almost forgot to mention a small bit of hornwort aswell for some reason hornwort wont grow like it does for other people in my water scoure. I have hard water coming from my tap. I use api super strength formula tap water treatment. And lastly but not least I use flourish root tabs. The extra light is from this lamp and another 5gallons with more fish fun in it haha.
Hope this post gets someone else excited to setup a 5 gallon :)

Attachments

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Love the tank! but a single female will be harassed a lot by two males. Are you moving them to a different tank later?

Fellowmellow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
RyanC14 said:
Love the tank! but a single female will be harassed a lot by two males. Are you moving them to a different tank later?
Yes it's just a grow out/housing for the fish thank you for the input I've been watching them the big male doesn't see her as a good mate on the other hand he has harrassed the biggest female in the other tank alot before but yeah no he doesn't really pay much attention to the female fry in there.... yet... lol

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fellowmellow said:
Yes it's just a grow out/housing for the fish thank you for the input I've been watching them the big male doesn't see her as a good mate on the other hand he has harrassed the biggest female in the other tank alot before but yeah no he doesn't really pay much attention to the female fry in there.... yet... lol
Oh sorry, I just read your aquarium details that they were in a grow out tank. My bad.

Fellowmellow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
RyanC14 said:
Oh sorry, I just read your aquarium details that they were in a grow out tank. My bad.
No worrys am glad someone said something about the male to female ratio it's really important for these fish to have a good ratio other wise they can get harrassed or bullied

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I saw the title of the thread and was going to ask if the planted guppies had grown roots, but, never mind.;)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom