$$$$$$$ Question

1. PorcupinePuffer Member Member

about how much money would it cost to set up a 29 gallon salt water aquarium?
    I mean just an estimate?
    and can u use one of those filters that just sit on the back of the aquarium or are those just for freshwater?

Thanks

2. reefdude Member Member

You're going to have to give a little more info! Are you converting a tank to SW or buying new? Are you putting in LR, Coral? What are you using for substrate? Stuff like that will get you a pretty good ball park figure.

3. PorcupinePuffer Member Member

i might be converting my 29 freshwater in a saltwater i will be planning on getting Lr ,i will be using sand probably?

4. pepetj Well Known Member Member

As to answer this question in an open fourm... I take the Fifth since my wife could end up reading it.

All I can tell you is that she noticed an increase in our monthly energy bill and I just added one SW tank (Custom built 20gal Nano Reef) while diminished my FW total (14 to 10).

I suggest you take your time planning, checking reviews by actual costumers on models you are considering purchasing, as well as maybe going into some DIY options for your set up (like the DIY Mega Nitrate Phosphate remover).

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

5. PorcupinePuffer Member Member

ok i look into it and i dont reallyu think i can aford it right now any way but thanks