56 Gallon Cube Stock Options

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Alex84, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Alex84New MemberMember

Hello All,

I want to start of by saying I know nothing about Salt Water. I am getting a Marineland Cube here in the next week or so. I have read about hob protein skimmers and plan on a large canister filter. I really don't want to deal with a sump since I don't have much space under the stand for one. I am wanting to do a reef set up with a snowflake eel and a dwarf lionfish. I guess I first of all need to know if that is even possible? I know with having my hands in the tank with corals I'll need to take precautions with the lionfish. I guess if this combination is possible I will need recommendations on equipment? I have two friends who are pretty Salt Water knowledgeable and will help me in learning about salinity and how all that works. I just want to make sure I have all the right equipment on stand by to get this project started. Let me know what you think? If I can't do the snowflake I understand but it doesn't hurt to find out. Thanks everyone!

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. Alex84New MemberMember

Thanks!

4. NartWell Known MemberMember

Hmmm..... This is a cube set-up?
    What's the foot-print like with the tank?

Snowflake eels can get pretty long in size and once they grow up they will want their space, so you might run into territorial issue down the line with keeping a SFE and DL in a small foot-print tank.

In my personal opinion, to keep snowflake eels, you want a longer foot-print 55 gallon, so I would not keep them in a cube set-up.

5. Alex84New MemberMember

The tank itself is 30x18x24.

6. NartWell Known MemberMember

Yeah. I personally wouldn't keep a snowflake eel and a dwarf lion in that foot print. You might want to ask your friends for their opinion on it too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice