55gal Stocking Ideas???

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Toshomfgosh, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Toshomfgosh

ToshomfgoshNew MemberMember

So, I've been doing some research and I have became fond of Blood Red Parrots. Now I know they get big, so one is all my 55 gallon tank can hold. I'd prefer a BRP as my centerpiece fish with a school of rasboras or tetras. I'm open to other suggestions too, but how does this sound:

1x BRP
    5x Rasbora Hets
    1x rainbow shark
    2x Dwarf gourami

Would that work? Too many? Too small? The only Cichlid I've ever had was 4 Angel fish (had them for about 8 years) as a teen, so I'm fairly unfamiliar with the species -even tho the BRP is a hybrid. I do like most african cichlids; from what I understand they do best in 1:4 M:F groups, but I don't want to breed.

2. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Drop the shark. It will become a jerk eventually and will cause more problems. Your one BP in a 55g might be ok, though BP are cichilds some will be jerks as well.
    The Rasboras, not sure how they will do with a BP since it's a CA/SA fish and Rasboras are generally from Asia.

You could do a BP and a tetra from the South Americans, like Columbians and stack that with 20 of them with the BP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice