55g stock final(I hope)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Landozer18, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Landozer18

Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

Well here is my most recent idea for my 55g;
    2 Upside Down Catfish
    9 Kuhli Loaches
    5 Honey Gourami's
    1 Clown Pleco
    --->Tricky Part Now<---
    8 Celebes Rainbowfish
    or
    10 Threadfins Rainbowfish
    or
    8 Blue Eyed Rainbowfish
    or
    8 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish

The rainbow fish are in order of if I can get them thats what I would pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Yes, this tank has drift wood and some hiding spots in the rocks a piece of drift wood.
    Currently has live plants in groups in a couple spots of the tank. Im going to add more most likely fake due to low lighting in the tank making choices very limited with my lfs's.

2. Bettalover99

Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

Sounds nice! Post pictures when you get it setup I would love to see however I know little to nothing about these fish and don't want to put any wrong information in so good luck and hopefully someone else can help
    You

3. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

thanks Blover99, Im getting much more creative ideas as time goes on.
    I was going to do the 1 honey gourami I have and 4 rams.
    I was thinking my poor honey is getting dark and they like to be accompanied so maybe more of his kind will help. Then Rams are hard to get here more than 1 at a time and they are very hard to please with water conditions and such.

4. Bettalover99

Have you considered angel fish? Sorry if this is irrellivent or if I am confused maybe some of those fish would fight with an angel not sure . However I think angels would be happy in that tank

5. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

Angels were thought about several times but there matures size isn't something I want.
    If I ever get like a 40g tall tank for a corner or such I think i'd do a pair though!

6. Bettalover99

Sounds good !

7. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

your tank sounds beautiful :) good luck with it and post some pictures please :D
    the catfish might be happier with a few more of their own kind too. theyll be fine as a duo but you might see them more if you have 4 or more.
    yay rainbow fish :) they're so pretty. mts speaking "when i get a community tank, im putting rainbowfish and angels in it, Big tank :D"

8. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

Im not a big fan of these cat fish and 1 isnt a true upside down catfish and I cant tell which is which.
    Good luck with your mts jdcichlid

9. JDcichlidlover

lol. if you don't like them that much than why do you have them?

10. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

My friends mom bought me one while I was on vacation a couple years back. I bought a second one for company a couple months later.

11. JDcichlidlover

lol. gotta love it when they buy you something you don't like. i'd take em but i don't think my featherfin would appreciate more catfish in the tank. he already has to deal with cichlids barging into his hiding hole all the time and the cae lol

12. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

I was living with them at the time so I couldn't return it without hurting feelings.