55g Fish Stocking Order/Sequence

JBird

I'm stocking a 55g standard tank. I currently have 5 platies and 5 otos. I want to add an Angelfish, a pair of Bolivian Rams and a schooling fish (which I can't decide between Bleeding Hearts and Lemon Tetras). I know that all of the fish are compatible, however, does anyone have a suggestion on the order in which the fish should be introduced? For example, should the Angel be put in next? The rams? Schooling fish? I can find water parameters and compatibility information through research, but there is no information on what fish should go in the tank before or after others. Any and all help is appreciated.

BigManAquatics

I would do tetras first, then rams, then angel.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I think the only thing that really matters is the rams go after the ottos, as they can be territorial of the bottom. Angels are really only territorial against other angels, so you need to make sure to add them all at once, or if you get juveniles, they aren't very territorial at all so it doesn't matter.

JBird

I would do tetras first, then rams, then angel.
Thank you ... do you mind if I ask why you suggest that order?

BigManAquatics

Mostly territorial/aggression reasons.

JBird

I made some changes with the tank. Removed most of the water sprite bc I was tired of trimming it everyday. Pic is how the tank looks now. Would it be OK to add a couple of rams with this set-up or should I wait for more plant growth?

Current inhabitants:
5-platies
5-ottos
8-candy cane tetras
(couldn't find rosey tetras anywhere locally)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
  • Question
Replies
Views
faydout
Replies
Views
TexasDomer