55g Community tank Stocking ideas

ThisFishDude

Hi, just wanting to get some advice if my stocking idea is crazy or not. So, I was thinking:
1 Electric Blue Acara
Unknown number of Angelfish
12 Rummynose Tetras
6-8 Corydoras
Maybe 4 kuhli loaches
Thanks, thinking of setting up this 55g in the fall. If you would like to know what I am doing currently I have a 29g saltwater reef tank an it is amazing just saw these freshwater fish a week ago and have been doing research ever since. Thanks for helping!

RedOnion

Hi, just wanting to get some advice if my stocking idea is crazy or not. So, I was thinking:
1 Electric Blue Acara
Unknown number of Angelfish
12 Rummynose Tetras
6-8 Corydoras
Maybe 4 Bristle nose plecos
Thanks, thinking of setting up this 55g in the fall. If you would like to know what I am doing currently I have a 29g saltwater reef tank an it is amazing just saw these freshwater fish a week ago and have been doing research ever since. Thanks for helping!
Not sure about all four of the BN plecos in one tank. Once they have babies they have a TON and their bioload is a lot for just one.

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

Not sure about all four of the BN plecos in one tank. Once they have babies they have a TON and their bioload is a lot for just one.
Thanks
I think I was going to replace those with
4 kuhli loaches
What do you think? I will edit that.

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Thanks
I think I was going to replace those with
4 kuhli loaches
What do you think? I will edit that.
I think kuhlis need a minimum of 6, so you would have to do 6. Heres is an idea:

12 rummys
8 cories
6 kuhlis
6 angelfish
+ one more school of fish.

I know that angelfish do better when there is more of them so the aggression is dispersed. Not sure about the electric blue acara tho

Also I would love to see your 29g saltwater, you can upload that under aquarium journals and document what you have done!

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

Ya sure I will try to do that sometime this weekend. Thanks for the ideas not sure what to do for the last school of fish though. I will have to check it out. Sad the Accra won’t work though I was hoping to contrast the angel fish and Acara’s colors. Welp I guess this is how it goes.

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Ya sure I will try to do that sometime this weekend. Thanks for the ideas not sure what to do for the last school of fish though. I will have to check it out. Sad the Accra won’t work though I was hoping to contrast the angel fish and Acara’s colors. Welp I guess this is how it goes.
What colors of angels do you plan on getting? Also it looks like the acaras are relatively peaceful, just not sure how they would be with the angels in the tank, thats all.

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

I did plan on getting some black ones but now I am not sure. Maybe if I get a colorful schooling fish I could still do that.

Upvote 0

RedOnion

I did plan on getting some black ones but now I am not sure. Maybe if I get a colorful schooling fish I could still do that.
What about a big school of green neon tetras?

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

That could work. I was thinking more of a bright solid color all throughout, any ideas?

Upvote 0

RedOnion

That could work. I was thinking more of a bright solid color all throughout, any ideas?
Any color? I have a couple in mind but do you want a specific color?

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

I don’t really care but maybe something blue, red, orange

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

Thanks for all the help I look forward to creating this tank in the fall, or maybe even sooner. Have a good night!

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Thanks for all the help I look forward to creating this tank in the fall, or maybe even sooner. Have a good night!
No problem

Upvote 0

ThisFishDude

No problem
One question though, are these all good with the angelfish? And I think I like the Celestial pearl Danios the most, are they common?

Upvote 0

RedOnion

One question though, are these all good with the angelfish? And I think I like the Celestial pearl Danios the most.
Yes they should all be fine as long as there is a minimum of 6 of them. Some of them are smaller then others so you may want to get more of them then the bigger tetras, but all in all they should all be fine in the tank with appropriate school numbers. Is your tank going to be planted because that will help ease any aggression, if any does occur. The CPDS are one inch so youre going to want to get at least 8 in your 55.
Congo Tetras are also very pretty as well.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Stealthy123
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Final Stocking Choice
Replies