55 Planted Tank Almost Finished!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by BAS Aquariums, Apr 22, 2018.

1. BAS Aquariums

BAS AquariumsValued MemberMember

IMG_2639.JPG
    The stocking and most of the initial planting is done! I know I've been gone a while and this is what I've been working on!

my stocking is:
    2 angelfish
    2 GBRs
    20 (give or take) silver tip tetras
    6 bronze corydoras
    2 BN plecos (2 stragglers from a spawn exist somewhere in the tank too)
    15 ghost shrimp
    IMG_2641.JPG
    (Murphy is still doing very well)

plants include:
    water sprite
    water whesteria
    cabomba
    italian val
    green ocelot sword
    red flame sword
    dwarf narrow leaf chain sword
    anarcharis (water weed 5 leaf)

filtering the tank i have a fluval c4 powerfilter and a hakri bacto-surge 75 sponge filter run off a fusion air pump. The heater is a finnex titanium 500 watt heater and the lights are mars aqua aquaponics grow lights. the substrate is caribsea ecocomplete clay soil.

All and all the entire build cost me about 400 with plans to add a co2 system soon (still waiting for a parental go ahead on that one). this is the culmantaion of mounts of saving and slowly acquiring stuff to make this all possible and now its just time to let it grow and keep up with matinance. My next projects include a goldfish pond and either turning my 20 into a shelly tank or maybe some mouth brooding bettas.

2. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

nice! :)

btw whos murphy?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    BAS Aquariums

BAS AquariumsValued MemberMember

Shes my most prised angelfish. ton of personality and i got her for only 1:00$ as a baby less than an inch long

4. shutterbug13

shutterbug13Well Known MemberMember

Beautiful tank and fish, I especially love silvertip tetras! I can't wait to see the finished tank!