55 Neon Tetra Centerpiece fish

Tscott667

So I'm pretty new to the aquarium hobby. I've been doing it for about 5 weeks. Cycled the tank, It cycled in only about 3 weeks, I have 10 neon tetras (going to get to 20 total soon), 5 rabbit snails, 2 nerite snails, 5 kohli loaches, 3 african dwarf frogs and 10 cherry shrimps. Just bought the shrimps today. Anyone have any idea on a centerfish or two? I've done a lot of research people say get an angel fish, some say don't, some say get dwarf gourami, some say don't. Anyone have any suggestions to a good centerpiece fish, even if it's 2-3 of the same kind?

ProudPapa

Those wont eat off the cherry shrimps?

They probably would eat the small ones, but that's true of just about any fish (with the possible exception of corys).

Upvote 0

HitzBlack

I had 12 neons but now down to 5. I have never found any bodies so I assume that the angel fish ate them. I second the pearl gouramis or opaline gouramis

Upvote 0

Tscott667

A quick question. I guess I'm confused. My Neon tetras highest PH is about 7 right? I've seen 6.5 and 7.5, so I went with 7. But the Rabbit snails need 8 or 8.4. So I try to offset this with cuttlebone correct? I have given them cuttlebone but their shells still seem to be deteriorating.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views
CalicoColored