55 gallon

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The biggest tank

This one gave me quite a few problems to begin with.

I set up this tank and then I found Fishlore

The original stock was two oscars and a jack dempsey.

I soon had aggression issues and rehomed the jack and one of the oscars.

I then realized I was not going to be able to get a larger tank and rehomed the other oscar.

I eventually settled on doing a MalawI tank and love the colors and personalities they have.

I recently ordered a H.O.T. Magnum 350 for this tank and am looking forward to not coming home to an overflowing filter because the sponge got clogged in my Aquaclear 50

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can I see the picture of your MalawI tank?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tommy you keep teasing us with these tanks. We need pictures!
Carol

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My sister took the only good camera we have to Australia this week and won't be home til wednesday so I ll post pics then.

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Update.

I came home today to find my tank water a very hazy white color and my fish at the top, (have had this problem before did a water change and everyhting was fine), but when I counted there were only eight of them so I looked in from the side and sure enough there were five dead fish near the filter intake.

I did a large water change ~50-60% last night before work, and they were fine before the water change, so I figured they would be alright til the morning when I could get home and really work on it.

I feel like I should have done something, but I'm not sure what.

I managed to get the survivors out and into a bucket of clean water, then tested for the usual things. I didnt get a reading for ammonia, (Primed less than 24 hrs ago), got nothing for nitrates and nothing for nitrites as well.

And as if this all wasn't enough, I managed to kill what bacteria I had established in the canister as I forgot to prime the new water before turning on the filter.

Dont you just love having a rough day at work go south when you get home.

On the bright side, I finally got my goldies and my gouramI to eat the flakes off my finger. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads