55 Gallon Year Long Update

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by AustinChaseee, May 24, 2018.

1. AustinChaseee

AustinChaseee New Member Member

Hello all! After a little over a year since I've been on here asking for advice, I'm back! Through some trial and error, restocking and a lot of craziness I got my final scape, and my final stocking. Got a couple plants and some root tabs just to see what happens last week too. I mean why not???

Equipment:

Magnum 350 Canister
    AquaClear 50
    Sponge Filter
    (Will be getting some T8 lighting in the next week)

Livestock:
    1 Male Jack Dempsey (~6 1/2 Inches)
    1 Female Jack Dempsey (~6 Inches)
    6 Giant Danios
    1 Java Fern
    1 Val

I'm hoping these two will spawn for me soon. I do 5 gallon water changes bi-daily with cold water (heard the cool water simulates spring rains and helps induce spawing behavior). But we shall see! Hope you enjoyed and leave me some comments!

Attached Files:

2. Bry

Bry Valued Member Member

Your tank is beautiful!
    Do the Dempseys ever pick at the Danios? My mom had them when I was a kid, a pair, and they killed anything we tried to put them with. Or were my mom's just mean? lol

3. OP
    OP
    AustinChaseee

Thank you, I appreciate it! They take some little jabs, but its few and far between. They kind of just stick to the bottom and let the Danios do their thing, I'm assuming this will change once they have fry though.

4. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

5. Nikki2577

Nikki2577 Well Known Member Member

LOVE IT!!

6. OP
    OP
    AustinChaseee

Thank you, its come a long way!
    Thanks so much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice