Well Known Member
- Reaction score
I like it to set longer than 24 hours so if I wait until around 5 o’clock tomorrow before I leave work I should be able to put water in it and let it set all night tomorrow and come in Friday to see if it leaks. I would prefer to wait until Friday giving me 48 hrs but I don’t want to put water in it and leave it all weekend just in case it does decide to leak.How long do plan on letting it cure ?
Your right I let the 65 cure for no less than 48 hours before I decided to leak test that. I may just wait until Monday. Atm I don’t have a filter for it to get it running anyway. I plan to use some seeded media from my discus tank to seed the 55. I have about half a bag of bio balls I added to the 65 to build some BB while I work on getting stuff for the 55 gathered up.I would wait till Monday at least ...
Most tanks I have EVER seen new were atleast 90 days past manufacture date before they hit the sales floor .
I have heard of people filling 48 hours after sealing ..Makes me more then nervous ..I wouldn't ..I might wait a week or more myself ? The seal is more then water tight it is structural integrity IMO..
I wonder what part of the hobby is the patient part sometimes ?
Just me no one else ever showed the same concern on this as me ..I am not the nervous type , I like to think I am sensible ?
I’m not Chinese lol nor would I do that unless I had a lot of filtration. Lol I just don’t like housing big fish unless I plan to add more large aggressive fish’s which I’m not. And I want to do a piece of driftwood and sand with some plants in the middle fanning outward so it looks good from both sides of the tank.If you keep it bare bottom those fish should be fine Chinese places put 10-20 of those fish in a single tank and they look fully grown.