55 gallon weird community

MightyOberon

Hello! I am new here and wondering:

I have a 55 gallon (48" long) set up with a 75 filter and room for extra filtration as well as a bubbler for extra oxygen and smooth Creek pebbles as substrate. There are two faux logs, two small clay pots, a crazy amount of tall faux plants, and geode caves. Oh and a creepy skull hide lol

If I double up on filtration and add in aquarium sand, would the following build be appropriate?

Right now I have
1 red tail shark (3")
1 blood red parrot (4")
1 dojo loach (5")
1 bristlenose pleco (4")
2 mystery snails (2")

I'd like to add
1 ropefish/reedfish (a friend for my loach, although my loach really loves my shark and pleco. I know kuhlis have been seen as friends for dojos and red tail sharks I just reeeeaaaally want a ropefish if I can!

2 koi colored angelfish (upper mid and compatible with my parrot and shark, although my parrot and shark often share the biggest log hide and the parrot ran to the shark for help when we had the cranky kribensis fiasco so maybe they're friends lol)

I am confident that with adding sand that the habitat itself will meet the needs of all the fish in so much as space/comfort/hides. I am just worried that maybe I am making a bad choice as stocking is confusing for me lol.

If all it takes to get my dream team is some sand and another filter then awesome! I just don't want to have to set up another tank in a couple years because I didn't plan appropriately in the outset.

Fishfriendof315

I dont think you will need the sand or extra filtration. If you add beyond what your planning then an extra filter definitely

Upvote 0

MightyOberon

Wow really?? I am so excited! Thanks for the input!

Upvote 0

Fishfriendof315

0330211940b_HDR.jpg1/2 of my monsters. My red tail is 5inch, my blue cray is 6 fully extended. I only run a aquaclear 110

Upvote 0

MightyOberon

WOW! Look at that big ol shark! And is that a puffer?????

Upvote 0

Fishfriendof315

WOW! Look at that big ol shark! And is that a puffer?????
Yeah figure 8. My 10 inch pictus hangs out on the backside of the slate. Got some clown loaches cory cats, ghost cats, five plecos. Shrimps snails. One wierd community 100%. And they all get along until I drop a clam in there

Upvote 0

MightyOberon

Lol that gives me hope for my weirdies. I wanted a figure 8 sooo bad for my tank but was talked out of it. I seem to gravitate towards clean up fish as well.

Upvote 0

MightyOberon

I am so happy with my weird community! Everyone is vibing and my rope fish is the bee's knees!

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_143012.jpg
    IMG_20210403_143012.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
  • Question
Replies
Views