55 gallon w two oscars..

Analisemcg

So my sister’s boyfriends uncle is giving me his 55 gallon tank (for free I think, which is a steal!!) but I was just informed it comes with their two fully grown oscars… yikes. Not sure what to do with them though, do I sell them? Gift them to a petsmart/co? feeling a little lost. Thanks for the help!
(Should this be on the buy sell trade forum? Also I’m in the middle Tennessee area, if anyone is interested)

Attachments

• 576CD4B7-A243-4D3B-9B22-0F20B31E724B.jpeg
    576CD4B7-A243-4D3B-9B22-0F20B31E724B.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 26

BlockHead1981

Cool fish, get yourself a 125 and sell the 55. That is if you want to keep the fish.

Noroomforshoe

You could sell them, put them on craigs with a rehoming fee, call petstores.... But they can't stay in the 55 forever, not even if there was only one of them.

Analisemcg

Cool fish, get yourself a 125 and sell the 55. That is if you want to keep the fish.
wish I could but I don’t have the space or money lol

Analisemcg

You could sell them, put them on craigs with a rehoming fee, call petstores.... But they can't stay in the 55 forever, not even if there was only o
You could sell them, put them on craigs with a rehoming fee, call petstores.... But they can't stay in the 55 forever, not even if there was only one of them.
I found a pet store that isn’t a chain one about an hour and a half away, I’ll call in later. Do you think they can make the trip?

(didnt mean to respond to the same thing twice but uh)

MyFishAddiction

Probably, Find a REALLY BIG tub to transport them in. I drove 2 hours with 3 guppies in a one gallon tub, and they survived just fine. I know this is much different for oscars.

Noroomforshoe

You should probably put them in separate tubs/buckets that are half full at the most and covered. They should be fine.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
OscarHoya
Replies
Views
jenmur
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views