55 gallon tank

Best Answer - View Jackkelly's answer

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Looks very nice. all live plants? Aside from the Angel and tiger Barbs what else do you have in there? ( not judging just curious ). One thing you can do with your Water Wisteria/Sprite on the right is trim the top off just below where some roots could be coming out of the stem ( or one or 2 of the stems ) and replant it in the back left corner and the back center. Just a suggestion.

OP
J

Jackkelly

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Looks very nice. all live plants? Aside from the Angel and tiger Barbs what else do you have in there? ( not judging just curious ). One thing you can do with your Water Wisteria/Sprite on the right is trim the top off just below where some roots could be coming out of the stem ( or one or 2 of the stems ) and replant it in the back left corner and the back center. Just a suggestion.
I will definitely look into moving the wisteria to cover more of the back

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jackkelly said:
I know the tiger barbs and the angelfish aren’t ideal. I’m working on rehoming them and adding in a school of probably serpae tetras.
The current stock of the tank is:
7 tiger barbs
2 angelfish
3 rainbow sharks
2 red tail sharks
2 German rams
1 clown loach
1 clown pleco
2 Denison barbs
1 pictus cat
yes, all the plants are live.
Thats quite the random stocking. Again not judging. Honestly i like the sounds of it aside from all the sharks and maybe the clown and denison not being in a bigger school but if u eventually upgrade to say a 125 or bigger u could get more,. We have tiger barbs and Serps in 2 different tanks.

Frank the Fish guy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jackkelly said:
Just wanted to post a picture of my tank and see if anyone had any suggestions for the tank or if it looks good as is.
Nice tank.

I can imagine if you put a background on the back of the tank, it would hide some of the tubes, and give the tank some illusion of depth.

OP
J

Jackkelly

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Thats quite the random stocking. Again not judging. Honestly i like the sounds of it aside from all the sharks and maybe the clown and denison not being in a bigger school but if u eventually upgrade to say a 125 or bigger u could get more,. We have tiger barbs and Serps in 2 different tanks.
This tank was a rescue project from someone who was getting ready to destroy the tank. My goal is to sell 2 of the rainbow sharks and one of the red tails back to my LFS and add a couple more clown loaches. I’m not worried about the tank being to small as they do not grow fast and the ones I will be buying will be smaller.
I enjoy the tiger barns but I feel like the school needs to be so big in order for them not to be stressful for the others and that is why I’m looking at serpae tetras

New Threads