55 gallon tank vs 65 gallon tank?

yogosans14

Which is best dimension wise for 3 full grown fancy goldfish?I'm trying to decide between these 2. My parents won't let me get a 75 gallon so yeah

jamesthornton24

I would personally do the 65 just to add the extra 10 gallons. As you may already know goldfish are quite messy and the extra water would help keep them happy in between water changes.

happygolucky

Hmmm, the 55 gallon looks to have a much better footprint. However, I have zero experience with goldfish, let others chime in

yogosans14

I would personally do the 65 just to add the extra 10 gallons. As you may already know goldfish are quite messy and the extra water would help keep them happy in between water changes.
I agree but the 55 gallon offers them 48 inches of swim space while the 65 only offers 36 inches

jamesthornton24

I agree but the 55 gallon offers them 48 inches of swim space while the 65 only offers 36 inches
I would have known that had I followed the links, that does make for a tough decision...

LeoDiaz

55 better footprint, but if you can have a 4ft tank why not just convince your parents to let you get a 75 just a deeper tank? Or buy a 75 mislabeled as 55 gallon

Dom90

Didn't you make another thread about this before? 55 gallon because of 4 ft footprint. I'm not really a fan of tall tanks... you have to reach further in to do any kind of maintenance, but that's just me. Fish prefer bigger surface areas too.

LeoDiaz

Yep, agree with Dom90, fish swim back and forth not up and down so the extra length of 55 gallon really helps with that.

yogosans14

Ok thanks, Ill get the 55 gallon

jay275475

The 55 gallon Might not work out because Fancy goldfish are slowly moving fish and Get wide so I'd see it having trouble turning if there are any decorations or the fancies goldfish are the bigger variations

Blk69

Hey, a quick look for $250 you get a stand and a Florence bulb hood. For $180 you get an LED Hood with no stand.

Not it sure if an option, but you can get a much better deal used. Check Craigslist in your area. Maybe you can sneak in a 75 gallon, you would be much happier with larger tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• 2absolute2purity2
  • Lighting
Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
NajibT