55 Gallon Tank Stand Build

Redly

So I am bringing a 55 gallon tank into my classroom. However, I need a stand and do not the money to buy one - they are expensive! However I have thought of building one, but may not have the time, or resources available ( I am considering a warm indoor climate to build it a resource, it's 0 degrees outside right now).
Are Pallets a viable option for 55gal glass tank? I am trying to avoid keeping the tank on the floor

BigManAquatics

Maybe if you criss-crossed a stack of pallets. Not sure how much concentrated weight like that they can hold.

Redly

Maybe if you criss-crossed a stack of pallets. Not sure how much concentrated weight like that they can hold.

That was my thought, to criss-cross about 2 pallets on each side.

BigManAquatics

That was my thought, to criss-cross about 2 pallets on each side.
That might work. This is for the class trout project?

Redly

That might work. This is for the class trout project?

It is in deed. I didn't think about a stand, and was shocked when I saw how much they cost!

BigManAquatics

It is in deed. I didn't think about a stand, and was shocked when I saw how much they cost!
They are indeed quite pricey

Islandvic

What about using 2x4's and 3 1/2" deck screws.

That and 2 cans of black spray paint would get you a sturdy, yet cheap stand for the class room.

Chris Griffin

So I am bringing a 55 gallon tank into my classroom. However, I need a stand and do not the money to buy one - they are expensive! However I have thought of building one, but may not have the time, or resources available ( I am considering a warm indoor climate to build it a resource, it's 0 degrees outside right now).
Are Pallets a viable option for 55gal glass tank? I am trying to avoid keeping the tank on the floor
use cinderblocks and 2x6s

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AndEEss
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views