55 Gallon Tank, compatible fish?

savannahjo506

So I have a 55 gallon aquarium fully cycled and set up.
I have a black molly, dalmatian molly, sailfin molly, golden panda molly,
panda cory, albino cory, julli cory,
one pearl gourami (hes a male and doesn’t get along with other males),
black skirt tetra,
two kuhli loaches,
one guppy,
one platy,
four snails,
one bristle pleco,
and two red minor tetras.
Any ideas on how I can improve my tank or suggestions? Is there some fish that aren’t compatible in my tank?

Yeoy

So I have a 55 gallon aquarium fully cycled and set up. I have a black molly, dalmatian molly, sailfin molly, golden panda molly, panda cory, albino cory, julli cory, one pearl gourami (hes a male and doesn’t get along with other males), black skirt tetra, two kuhli loaches, one guppy, one platy, four snails, one bristle pleco, and two red minor tetras.
Any ideas on how I can improve my tank or suggestions? Is there some fish that aren’t compatible in my tank?
I'd be mindful of having just 1-2 of so many different types of fish. Your mollies are all the same species so that's fine. With the others like corys, loaches, tetras... I'd probably rather have say 8 of one tetra than 1-2 of 3 different types of tetras. That's my main suggestion.

CrackerboxPalace

Welcome to fishlore :)

My main suggestions would be with your stocking. If possible, trade in some of your cory and/or loach species and get all of one species instead. They are much happier in larger groups and in a 55 gallon tank you can accommodate very large groups of them. Alternatively trade in all the corydoras and get ~20 kuhli loaches.

Same goes for the tetras, just pick one species and get more of them rather than mixing and matching. You'll notice all the fish much happier and more outgoing the larger their group is. :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Moonee
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views