55 Gallon Tank Build

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by dakota, Jun 24, 2019.

1. dakota

dakotaValued MemberMember

Here we go. I have been in tropical fish a long time +25trs. I am getting back in to Tropical fish.
    I am looking to make primary Angel Fish. How many Angels in a 55 being safe? And what other fish will work with them. Tetras would be fine especially the small ones. I do not know if they would be fin nippers. There are lots of beautiful Tetras. I was thing at one time doing a Tetra tank BUY I really like the Angel fish also. Give me your feedback especially the Angels with other fish.

Thanks all help appreciated

Bill

2. Crispii

CrispiiWell Known MemberMember

I would say that 4 is good amount of angels in a 55, though you may get a breeding pair or two. As for tetras, don't get any small tetras because the angels might predate on them.

3. OP
    OP
    dakota

What is a good fish to go with the Angels ?

4. Crispii

CrispiiWell Known MemberMember

It depends on what type of fish you want.

5. OP
    OP
    dakota

I am just looking for suggestions on what tropical fish would get along with Angels
    Thanks Bill

6. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

I would suggest 1, 2 or 4 angels.

As for tank mates, some of the best schooling fish to keep with angels (due to having similar temperature preferences and not being nippy fish)
    Harlequin rasboras
    Rummynose tetras
    lemon tetras
    diamond tetras
    cherry barbs
    etc

There are plenty more. Tell us some of the types you like and we can let you know if they are compatible or not. :)

I would also focus on choosing a bottom dwelling fish. Like a shoal of cories, or a shoal of kuhli loaches among other things. :)