55 Gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Reef Ventures, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Reef Ventures

Reef VenturesValued MemberMember

I've got 2 questions about my 55 gallon tall tank but first ill just mention what is already in the tank. Currently in this tank there is:
    3x Angel Fish
    10x Kuhli Loach
    2x 3.5Inch Bristlenose Pleco
    1x Yoyo Loach

Question Number 1: Would I be able to get 2 More angelfish?

OR

Question Number 2: Would a Spiny Eel be compatible With angelfish and kuhlis?

2. Cheesearmada

CheesearmadaValued MemberMember

What type of filter do you have?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  3. Cheesearmada

Also, your yoyo loach will reach at least 10 inches in size. Yoyo loaches need to be in groups of 3 so you need two more yoyo loaches in order to even think about other fish. Yoyo loaches also like to nip at angelfishes fins.

4. OP
    OP
    Reef Ventures

Ive seen 8 year old yoyo loaches that are only 6 inches and ive read 6 inches so I think he should be ok. The filter is quite large and does something like 100 gal per hour

5. Cheesearmada

Yoyo loaches can grow up to 10 inches just so you know. Also get two more because they need to be in a larger group.

6. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

yoyo loaches will only get to 6" but they are schooling fish and do need to be kept in groups of 6+, but I wouldn't in your case, I would try rehoming him because in the bare minimum they need is a 48" long tank.

7. OP
    OP
    Reef Ventures

ok thanks

8. OP
    OP
    Reef Ventures

What do you think on adding 2 more angels?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice